Extremely long names bork UI

on which sheet? because normally she has added my way with ellipsis?

@Wiese2007: I still got scrollbars in the citizen menu and the party menu.

Edit: Spoke with @yshan (Yang), the discussion whether or not to allow long names is low priority at the moment (specifically compared to bugs that affect gameplay). For now, this is a user caused and user fixable issue, and this will be report is going to be filed in “other reports” until a formal answer is given by the developers.

Edit 2: Seeing @yshan’s reply below…I will drag this back to bug reports.

1 Like

Apparently, I added the ellipsis but forgot the overflow: hidden, so it was still stretching the strings. Should be fixed in alpha 13. Sorry about that!

Also, sorry it takes me awhile to get to these string bugs sometimes. There’s a priority queue of things to fix, so these more cosmetic issues sometimes get pushed lower on the queue.

-Yang

5 Likes

Title:
New citizens menu acting weird, constantly resizing

Summary:
When my warrior is fighting someone his current activity changes often. But his activity is so long that the window changes the location of haul, build, mine, job often to compensate.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a warrior fight someone with a long name.
  2. The citizen menu acts weird

Expected Results:
The citizen menu is fixed and does not resize ever

Actual Results:
citizen menu resizes.

Notes:

Attachments:

Versions and Mods:

System Information:

1 Like

@jomaxro
Hey my bug is completely different than this one. It is with the citizens menu… not character sheet. I chose my words precisely.

I can change it to say the “Hearthling Therapist” menu is acting strange. I suggest you move it. This bug has a little to do with the long name… but It is mostly to do with the way develops chose to implement the menu and sizing of the menu.

@leetcat I merged the reports because although your issue is related to the Hearthling Therapist UI, and the original post in this thread was for the old citizen menu and the Party UI, the issue is the same: long names negatively affect UI. While the fix will need to be applied to multiple interfaces, ideally it would be the same fix everywhere so it is consistant.

1 Like