Error while adding a custom porch to a building

I got the following error while adding a porch to a building

release-584 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:173: attempt to index local ‘bc’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:173: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:215: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:84: in function ‘set_active’
…ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:81: in function ‘set_active’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:429: in function ‘cb’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:383: in function ‘_call_all_children’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:379: in function ‘_call_all_children’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:379: in function ‘_call_all_children’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:426: in function ‘_set_structures_active’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:103: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.lua:13: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:227: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:221>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:221: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:290: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:338: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

additional error when exiting and loading same game

release-584 (x64)
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:171: attempt to index local ‘building’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:171: in function ‘_are_dependencies_satisfied’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:215: in function ‘_start_project’
…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:42: in function <…/fixture_fabricator/fixture_fabricator_component.lua:40>

Welcome to the forum @Thomas_Rippon :smiley:

Do you have a savefile where this error is happening?

yes shall i post it?

Yes, it’ll help to know how is the building and how you were trying to add the porch.
Although I suspect that it could be related to other bugs that have already been reported, about inability to build things with slabs touching the floor, or that buildings don’t merge correctly or have problems when they are placed under some other structure. :confused:

1468408779736.zip (5.9 MB)
Save attached as zip of save folder. I was editing the single person house building before construction and yes i was building with blocks from the floor

1 Like