Error Code Dealing With Water

Summary:
release-695 (x64)
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:82: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:379: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:37: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>
Steps to reproduce:

1. Carve a River
  2. Leave last few blocks between channel and river stone
  3. Remove last few blocks

Expected Results:
To have a flowing river with several water falls that was the depth of the sides of the carved canyon for river.
Actual Results:
Small river with hardly any depth also water near point where blocks were removed did not flatten out as expected. It kept the shape as if the blocks were still holding the water back.
Notes:
I like that you guys allow water to flow I like the ability to make aqueducts to make water features in my towns hope you guys give this a look at to make sure its correct. Also was thinking if a lake is on the border of your kingdom. I would think that it might not have a finite amount of water. Since it be would be being fed by like a river constantly being replenished from outside the map.
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

System Information:

1 Like

Did some more testing tunneled under a lake with a mine shaft removed last stones next to water and the water just stayed a wall of water did not move or anything definitely some issues with how water responds.

Have encounteed the same

save game.zip (7.4 MB)