Engine error when placing roof

Summary:
When designing a double story house by using free-standing walls on the 1st floor (not ground floor) which form their own little rooms, it throws an error when trying to place a roof on top of it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Design a ground floor for a building
  2. Place a 1st floor on top of it
  3. Use free-standing walls to make individual rooms by first making a big room on the inside then sub-dividing it into small rooms using freestanding walls (it didn’t allow me to use the bigger room’s columns to hook up my sub-dividing walls using the free-standing wall tool - this might be critical in reproducing the roof issue)
  4. Use the roof tool and hover mouse over one of the outside walls
  5. Engine error is shown

Expected Results:

Roof ghost should appear.

Actual Results:

Engine error is thrown.

Notes:

release-687 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:871: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:871: in function ‘create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:958: in function ‘calculate_roof_shape_around_walls’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:116: in function ‘_compute_roof_region’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:78: in function ‘fn’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:233: in function ‘_get_selected_entity’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:269: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_base.lua:115: in function ‘_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function ‘_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:70: in function ‘_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>

Attachments:

save game with building design in progress to see roof engine error; roof engine error save.zip (5.8 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use:

release-687
mods in use.zip (2.7 MB)
In attachment; Better Stockpiles, Furniture Expansion, Settlementdecor
no other mods

System Information:
8gb ram
Intel Core i3-4330 CPU @ 3.5 Ghz
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Geforce GT 740 gfx card

1 Like

I am currently having a similar issue with placing roofs on a custom building however I was able to reproduce without using freestanding walls. I made a two story building using the regular wall tool and received an engine error when trying to place the roof. My building was made of stone. I also tried to remove the ghost building and try again but received another error that would not allow me to remove it. (not sure if it is related)

This is the error message from trying to remove the ghost building:
release-687 (x64)
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:806: attempt to call method ‘layout’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘layout’
…onehearth/components/building/building_component.lua:806: in function 'layout_roof’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1180: in function 'grow_roof’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1128: in function 'cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1582: in function 'do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1127: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1125>

hope this helps in finding it!

Trying again - I’m completely new to the bug forums

I’m having the same problem as the original poster. Same issue, see questionaire above. The following is the error message I’m guessing I should send along to someone more dedicated than me…

release-687 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: void (Point2&,custom [double])
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/roof/roof_component.lua:181: in function 'computecollision_shape’
stonehearth/components/roof/roof_component.lua:79: in function ‘layout’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:187: in function ‘createpreview_roof’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:167: in function ‘switchto_target’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:84: in function ‘progresscb’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_base.lua:56: in function ‘notify’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:291: in function ‘onmouse_event’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_base.lua:115: in function 'mousecb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function '_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:70: in function 'dispatchinput’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function

As from the original poster, I used a stand alone wall in order to keep my peeps from falling into the stair well.

System Information:
windows 10 64-bit
Processor Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

was building custom building put one roof for a first story area went to do one on second floor on a custom building with free standing walls it didn’t like that.
release-687 (x64)
table index is nil
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/wall/wall_component.lua:186: in function ‘compute_fixture_placement’
…earth/services/client/build_editor/portal_editor.lua:174: in function ‘_position_fixture’
…earth/services/client/build_editor/portal_editor.lua:149: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…earth/services/client/build_editor/portal_editor.lua:77: in function '_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:55: in function '_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:70: in function '_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>

System info
Windows 10 64-bit
Processor AMD FX™-8150 Eight-CoreProcessor
Graphics card AMD Radeon ™ R9 390 Series