Dying game, pre-postmortem

People just have no clue how games are made as all this early access thing began very recently. I sense that OP is either a troll or a very shallow silly person.

1 Like

I agree with @Ghost, I feel that if I keep up with development at every stage I will have some mystically enhanced knowledge of the game, and thus destroy every… Er, have a lot of fun :smile:

Slow is not necessarily bad… and you get to see a game being made!

So much troll-feeding going on in this thread…

I get it now! Some people pointed out that the quibicle ogre/troll was too small, so they’ve sent the troll here so we could feed it! Nice move, guys - keep up the good work!

1 Like

Okay, I might’ve laughed at this just a little :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally feel there is a difference between a troll and somebody misinformed - I feel this thread falls into the latter category.

I’m also more willing to give people, at least in this forum, the benefit of the doubt and attempt to work through the arguments, if this fails then @SteveAdamo and I simply lock the thread, like we do with every other thread that is created.

3 Likes

Now I’m tempted to create a totally pointless thread just so you can lock it…

1 Like

That’s pinning a thread, steve! You need a padlock, then it’s locked.

1 Like

google images failed me… and by extension, i have failed us all… :cry:

1 Like

I don’t really need to pile on here, but I’m really curious as where the whole ‘buying a house with the KS money’ thing came from? It’s office space for the team, not a dwelling!

-Will

Well, I learned a word today. Thx Tobias.

3 Likes

Wow
such response
many blusters!
misdirected anger
wow

How about we all just agree that there is no basis in the assertion that those least assured of their convictions are the first to condemn others for theirs, hmm?

Shifty Eyes
What you said was utterly ridiculous, of course the forums will attack you for it.

Ever heard of netiquette.

I’m still intensely curious why you think the team office space is a house?

-Will

I am sorry for your blusters, but your misdirected anger might explain the post. And I agree with your statement. :wink:

@Jed, it’s ridiculous to assume that people will simply stride along and be happy as you post a short statement defiling the game. Surely you realize there will be an element of bias. You should be glad that there has been no flaming, because this community is pretty mature.

1 Like

I don’t think there needs to be any more response to @Jed’s comments all the bases seem to be covered, but oh well here I go anyway.

Making a game costs money, hence the Kickstarter campaign, and all Kickstarter campaigns for games. There is no store you go to buy “voxels” or “fun”, or “gameplay”. The costs are all associated around squeezing brilliance out of creative peoples brains, as in developers and artists. As well as using peoples time, as in testers, documenters, and community managers. Radiant is lucky (and deservedly so) to have a vibrant community that provides allot of testing and community management (thanks @SteveAdamo, and @Geoffers747, and all of us alpha testers, providing bug reports).

The physical costs come in the form of giving a salary to these people who spend their full time hours doing these things, including @Tom and @Ponder, who need to earn a living. As well all of these people doing these things need a place to do it. Hence the need to RENT, or LEASE office space. I am fairly certain that they could not afford to BUY an office the size we’ve seen in silicone valley with the amount of money they made in the Kickstarter.

From everything I’ve seen, Radiant has been very frugal with their funds. @Tom’s purchasing of a headset, at the request of Kickstarter contributors. He still asked for advice and purchased a very economical one. Considering most Youtuber’s spend thousands of dollars on headset’s / microphones, to jabber away narrating ridiculous Minecraft adventures that my kids can’t seem to get enough of. This is a good example of how they are not just throwing money away.

Criticism can be valid, but when it’s just unfounded, and severely defamatory, it is more than just trolling it is offensive. Suggesting that @tom, and @ponder, have taken our money for personal gain without any intention of providing the product they promised to is unacceptable without any evidence.

If you want to criticize how they appear to be approaching the development, which in my opinion is currently extremely sound and well guided. That would not be offensive, even if it is nonfactual or misguided.

Personally, after spending 25 years in the military and surviving time in Afghanistan I have little tolerance for ignorant and offensive people, and my PTSD can cause me to get very angry at them. So I apologize if this reply seems a bit harsh, but people like @jed really irk me.

6 Likes