[Dup] Alpha 9 suspect massive memory leak

Alpha 9 - 256 x64
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Model: Latitude D830
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card name: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

A lot of the game mechanics are much better this build. However, after a couple of hours starting with a new game, the machine began to slow to a crawl. I eventually rebooted and the game was playable again. After another couple of hours, slow to a crawl again. Alpha 8 did not have this problem. Yes, the machine I’m using is not very powerful but it works fine for this type of game.

With a fresh game start, the RAM allocated is about 770MiB. For the game I’m ready to abandon, after 6 hours, the RAM allocated at first load from save is 2.8GiB. I have three buildings and the usual crops and goodies. The population got up to 14 hearthlings before a tactical error allowed 6 to be killed by the nasties. The overall performance degradation looks like either thrashing or serious memory bloat/leak.

I’m also seeing a lot of messages in the error log, particularly when the last of something is used or removed, as if null pointers are not being checked for by calling functions. Another symptom of memory leaks.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Memory leak in 192