Door disappears when placing light above it

Summary: I decided to put a Wooden Wall Lantern above the door of a house and it deleted the door.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build a house (mine was custom, not a premade) with a wooden door
  2. Don’t include lantern in initial building
  3. Apply lantern after building is complete

Expected Results: Lantern is put above the door

Actual Results: Latern is put above the door, but the door disappears entirely and doesn’t come back

Attachments: There was once a door here.

Version Number and Mods in use: release-559 (x64), no mods

Welcome @Kida

This is very strange, as I often make custom buildings and place lights above the door and have not had this to happen.

I did have an instance where my door (I had used a tunnel door by mistake) was taken from the custom building and placed in a mine entrance. This was on a previous alpha so I do not know if that still happens.

@8BitCrab can probable elevate you member status, so you can post your stonehearth.log or save game file. It may provide additional clues as to what happen.

I remember something similar about a mine and a similar setup of lantern above a door and the hearthlings didn’t want to place the item. Doors disappearing is a relatively recent issue, often related to templates.

If this bug is reproducible with the steps you provided, @Kida, I’m sure @not_owen_wilson might want to take a look at it. :slight_smile: