[Dev Blog] The Real Desktop Tuesday: Update of Save, Farming, and Combat

As long as I am here, you will not touch Steve because I will always be here to prote-oh, hey! A sandwich! brb!

4 Likes

What Sandwich is it? I want one too!

well… it was the pseudo-thought that counts… I suppose… :stuck_out_tongue:

To keep things simple, we’re adjusting the UI to show only information that’s relevant to whatever you’re doing at the time, be it managing your farms, building a new building, or harvesting resources

forgot to mention the awesomeness that was this quote… and yes, I do recall @Tom mentioning this in the stream! but I really appreciate design decisions that streamline the player experience… :+1:

I don’t really know what optimisations can be done and if any can be done on this, but I’d assume some could be. However optimisation and stuff I believe will come at a later point, much closer to release. For now, working with little/no bugs>speed.

:scream: he returns!

…and with him does any new music come?

nice update. Cant wait to play around with the farming.

Oooh! Nice catch, you’re good at this stuff.

Great work guys, I can’t wait to channel my inner farmer. :corn:

2 Likes

so is it safe to ask if the next build will be out early this month?

1 Like

Geoffers747: moderator, expectation manager, soothsayer.

http://stonehearth.net/2014/04/02/the-real-desktop-tuesday-update-of-save-farming-and-combat/#comment-1316120958

“When will the roofs be fully implemented?
I notice when building, the simple room, there is blue spaces for a roof but they never build the roof.
”

2 Likes

I hope this won’t be the last update about unit control…
I wanna crash castles and goblin camps! :smiling_imp:
What about siege machines (engineer) or big golems (not titan-sized, well maybe around 70% :smile: )?

I’ve been wondering about game speed, what happens if the value is negative? Report back if you try it.

they walk backwards… its quite comical…

@Tom did demo a very low setting though, which looked pretty cool to be honest… :smile:

Wait… so you’re saying it rewinds time? :scream: Amazing!

2 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

:whispers: Paint has an ellipse tool :smile:

1 Like

Haha this would create a bit of an unfair advantage wouldn’t it?
I do agree it would be cool, but if you send your troops into a cave or ruins without thinking, they die and you could just rewind… would kinda ruin the excitement wouldn’t it?

Well, it’s not realy unfair sins everyone would be able to do it but it would be sort of like me playing chess on my PC. Control+z cus i did not realy intend to make that move, or the next, or the next one after that one.

It will become pointles to play the game cus you can just undo your mistake as soon as you notice it. And what is the fun in that?

And yes, that is actualy how i play shess…

This is exactly what I meant :slight_smile: