[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday: The Cook and “Friends”

http://stonehearth.net/desktop-tuesday-the-cook-and-friends/

8 Likes

sounds like an awesome 90s sitcom… grabs a comfy seat and clicks play

4 Likes

Oh… My… God… Those Chickens look amazing! :smiley:
Can’t wait… :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg: :joy_cat:

2 Likes

Please let the buckbucks be in A11… Please let the buckbucks be in A11… Please let the buckbucks be in A11…

5 Likes

I left before the stream’s conclusion… did @Tom ever decide on a name? if I recall, he had captured two in Notepad, presumably for a strawpoll… do we have an official name?

is it too late to submit Mrs. Cluckins? :laughing:

3 Likes

i haven’t watched the stream, but from what i’ve read on the discourse, it appears he went with buckbucks

1 Like

no, he (at least initially) specifically said “no” to that one… now im even more curious! :smile:

It should be Benedict Cluckerbatch, but what do I know…
Gets sucked back into the map game site

2 Likes

He didn’t settle on a name. He had a handful of possibles only.

2 Likes

Is there a way to get this branch-42 build?

So Tom is going Dutch with the chickens? :stuck_out_tongue:

• Pikken --> Choosing/ Penises
  • Pokken --> Pox.
  • Kippen --> Chickens…
  • Pokkin?

Tony was talking about getting a stable A11 release in this week, so I kind of doubt it. More likely to appear when they start releasing A12 to unstable. Even then they have some serious work to do to give chickens some useful interactions (ie. finding, harvesting, laying eggs, etc.).

3 Likes

In the Thursday stream, at least, he named the folder, the .JSONs, and the .QB as buckbuck but I suppose it would be easy enough to change. Were there any changes yesterday?

@SteveAdamo He specifically rejected bawkbawks, yes.

1 Like

I get it! “Friends” I suppose you can’t really call an animal you intend on eating a friend, so… Yeah, I understand the title now.

In the last Tuesday stream, he was over his liking of buckbuck too. He hasn’t changed it yet, but he wants to. So there was a largish number of suggestions again, most of which were again rejected and a very few that were under consideration.

I did a little research about chicken names and found that the scientific name for the domestic chicken is Gallus Gallus. They are thought to come from breeds of chickens with the common names of Red Junglefowl and Grey Junglefowl. Apparently the Red Junglefowl came from the jungles of Asia.

Maybe the chicken can be called Gallo (although that’s also the name of an old french dialect) or Brushfowl (since it’s a bit like a cross between a chicken and a brush turkey).

4 Likes

all this talk of chickens has reminded me of the amazing @Goldmetal’s “Chicken System” artwork,

4 Likes

Cotcot or Kotcot or Kotkot

or

Chikot (-> Oh! Look at this beautiful Chikot! Would you like some fried Chikots wings tonight?)

:smile:

True, but there’s something Goldmetal forgot… coops! Honestly, by now, I don’t care if they add a “Fowl” keeper by now, I just want them to include coops!

1 Like

And PicPic? Was fine, no?