[Dev 2380 (x64)] Empty Citizens Listing / the GUI gets stuck

thanks, but already reported here, unless i misunderstood and this is different

@SteveAdamo @Relyss please merge :blush:

2 Likes

Oh, I guess i went looking for exactly this. But I guess it was the same problem :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I run into this problem as well. Happens after promoting a unit.

When I click on the ā€œCitizensā€ button, the window opens up without listing any of my citizens.

Several issues preceded this, which I suspect are related:

I had a blacksmithā€™s workshop which was not producing any of the queued items, despite plenty of supplies. I destroyed the blacksmithā€™s shop with the intent to rebuild it. When I select the Blacksmith after the workshop was destroyed, there is no ā€œplace workshopā€ button as expected. Instead, there is only a ā€œShow Workshopā€ button, which does nothing when clicked. I believe it was at this time that the ā€œCitizensā€ window also started coming up blank.

Try saving and then a reload or try resetting the GUI with F5.

Attempted a save and reload, followed by a GUI reset. Neither of these methods corrected the defect.

strange, this was fised awhile ago, seems it has resurrected itselfā€¦

do you know any specific steps on how to repro this?

and did you perhaps get a screenshot? as your a new user you cant upload it directly to the discourse, however if you upload it to imgur.com or some such place @SteveAdamo @Relyss could embed it for you :smile:

2 Likes

Some additional testing with my bugged blacksmith: Changed him to another profession (footman) and immediately started an error loop. Got this error 37 times in a matter of about a second:

ā€¦tonehearth/components/crafter/crafter_component.luac:47: attemp to call method ā€˜get_entityā€™ (a nil value)

Followed immediately by: ā€¦/server/town/orchestrators/promote_orchestrator.luac:4: attempt to index local ā€˜promotion_talisman_componentā€™ (a nil value)

This second error just keeps repeating. I will attempt to force close the application to see if I can recover the save, or if Iā€™ll need to start over.

I would be happy to grab a couple screenshots. Is there anything in particular you think might be useful to screenshot, as the empty window is fairly self explanatory, but I can try to grab some of the error details that I got in later testing.

Welcome to the forum, @Telarin. Are you playing the latest version? as @8BitCrab says, this is supposedly fixed.

Or maybe notā€¦? The official report doesnā€™t mention anything, it might be that they fixed a bug that triggered this other bug.

*Merged*

1 Like

Yes, playing the most current Steam version.

2 Likes

I got this issue in version 393 when I tried to demote a unit (I believe from carpenter, down to worker) with also having the citizens window open. The citizens window became empty like in the first picture. Save and reload didnā€™t fix.

Also I didnā€™t grab any pictures and donā€™t have to save anymore, sorry

1 Like

welcome to the discourse @Cyrin :smile:

good catch!

[quote=ā€œCyrin, post:32, topic:11954ā€]
Also I didnā€™t grab any pictures and donā€™t have to save anymore, sorry
[/quote]no worrys, giving the steps should help TR find and reproduce the bug.

I hope this hasnā€™t already been posted. Iā€™m loving the game and it seems to work pretty well overall for me, not that Iā€™ve gotten that far into it. I think at around 9 citizens my game just decided that the citizen list should be blank so whenever I save the game now it says I have zero of everything. I can still do stuff like promote and demote hearthlings, just that I have to go click on every one to do it. But again, not a huge issue, Iā€™ll just start anew

Iā€™m having the exact same issue! Also my carpenter refuses to craft!

Thanks for the report, I think this is an already known issue, Iā€™ve linked the thread below.

I would love to merge these threads, but Iā€™m not even a member yet, soā€¦ @8BitCrab or @Relyss?

Hello and welcome to the discoursem @miusickle! :smile: I think this is a known bug, but in the meantime could you post a screenshot?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, @miusickle, and welcome to the forum.
Could you please tell us which version were you playing?

Campfires also seem to mess up new villagersā€™ pathfinding, as seen here:

Not sure if relevant, but hey!

2 Likes

In Alpha 10.5 this happened to me. Also my carpenter refuses to craft anything. Sorry I canā€™t post a screenshot.