Desktop Tuesday: Ornate Vision

Actually, I think this heatmap will be fairly accurate. That is because the game calculates the value for a voxel each time a hearthling walks on top of that voxel, because that value is needed for the mood calculations. Since Hearthlings are the main reasons that the appeal score of any particular voxel changes, this heat map will catch almost all changes to the world.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of that, good point! heat map ftw

1 Like

I really like this “heat map” idea.

One thing I noticed just from playing around with the indicator is that the visual range for hearthling appeal seems really small.

It looks like visual Appeal range is smaller than the range for spacious rooms; if you make 15x15 rooms to avoid cramping, your hearthlings won’t get Appeal from items in the corners, and won’t look out their windows!

I don’t know what it would do to processing time, but I think it would seem reasonable to make the visual sight range for appeal a lot bigger than it currently is – even 2x or 3x (maybe smaller at night / when asleep?)

It also seemed odd that the calculator didn’t take building material into account but maybe that will come later.