Crash Release-766

crash-dmp_provided
a23r771

Summary:
my game crashes at seemingly random times. after a while of playing the game will become unresponsive and then crash shortly after. but I am unable to find a pattern to the crash. then after it crashes and I open the game again the game has no sound so I have to close it and open it a couple of times until the sound comes back.
Steps to reproduce:

1. play the game like how I do ( I assume something that I am doing is causing it to crash)

Expected Results:
no crash
Actual Results:
crash at random times
Notes:
can someone help me identify the sorce of the crash? because it seems to be random. i am unable to find a pattern
Attachments:
possibly something to do with this
release-766 (x64)[M]
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:1092: attempt to index field ‘_scaffolding_region’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:46: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:57: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:1092: in function ‘_update_scaffolding_size’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:499: in function 'fn’
radiant/modules/events.lua:288: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:370: in function '_fire_async_triggers’
radiant/modules/events.lua:445: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:59>
Version Number and Mods in use:
release-766

Can you upload stonehearth.logand crash.dmp from after the crash? These files are located in the game install directory. The default Steam location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth.

what about the crash.zip?crash.dmp (170.4 KB)

Thanks for uploading that. I see it is a bug that has already been fixed and will be included in the next unstable release.

ok when is the next unstable comming?

When it’s ready.

Is the crash fixed as of Release-771 and my game is crashing for a different reason? or is it still not fixed?

We did a push to unstable on (I think) Monday the 18th, are you still getting your crash issue?

The crash in that crash.dmp file should be fixed in release 771. The scaffolding error still exists, but it’s not prioritized for a fix since the whole building system is being replaced soon.

crash.dmp (268.2 KB)
i got this crash in Relese-771

That’s a different crash; something related to the UI (Chromium). Can’t debug it properly while out of office, but I’ll take another look after I’m back in January. Thanks for the report!

Took a look at this, but still not super clear what’s wrong. How do you get this crash to happen? Do you have any custom changes to user_settings.json?

is this the same crash that I am now getting in Release-779
crash.dmp (184.1 KB)

I also go this
Sonehearth Assertion Failed
@max99x
this was a different time but it didn’t crash thought it was going to.