Construction Pallets

I would love to see some way of creating a pallet or chest that could contain construction materials for building projects. I’d imagine it would work something like a mixture between a chest and a material pile, where the carpenter would build it, you would place it on the ground next to your storage area, then you would select what material it would contain (wood, stone, clay bricks). The hearthlings would then fill it to capacity.

Once full, hearthlings would no longer add to the pallet, and you could redeploy this pallet closer to a building. The differences between this item and a chest would be:

1. Once it was filled, hearthlings would no longer be able to put new items on it, even after other items have been taken out. This stops hearthlings from wasting time refilling something that isn’t critical.

2. Once emptied, the pallet would disappear, keeping you from needing to move a chest after your building is finished.

3. (I’m not sure if this is possible or not.) Construction Pallets would be given priority over stockpiles and chests, meaning that you don’t have to tell hearthlings to not store construction materials in other areas to get them to fill up this pallet.

If, say, you didn’t use all of the material in a pallet to build a building, then you could move this pallet to the next building site until you deplete it. Having this feature would make building a structure that isn’t close to your store area a lot less frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
Billy

"I would love to see some way of creating a pallet or chest that could
contain construction materials for building projects. I’d imagine it
would work something like a mixture between a chest and a material pile,
where the carpenter would build it, you would place it on the ground
next to your storage area, then you would select what material it would
contain (wood, stone, clay bricks). The hearthlings would then fill it
to capacity.

Once full, hearthlings would no longer add to the pallet, and you could redeploy this pallet closer to a building."

yes yes yes! this is exactly how I have wanted to use chests for a long time
I don’t know about the disappearing pallets and stuff but however they want to implement it I would use it every time