[Con] Random error message of unknown origin

Title: Random error message of unknown origin

Summary: I got a random error message while playing my game. I don’t know what the underlying cause is, I’m sorry. I don’t think I was doing anything in particular. However, you can check for yourself in the attached video, which is why I figured it would still be worth making a report of it.

Steps to reproduce: See above; see video.

Attachments:

46:51.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 110) according to the title screen.

System information:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
  • Memory: 8192MB RAM
  • DirectX-version: DirectX 11
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Title: Crash bug of unknown origin

Summary: At the very end of the play that I made a video of (that gave rise to all these bug reports and suggestions I posted today), the game crashed on me suddenly. The last couple frames were dropped when uploading to YouTube, so you can’t see, but I have a screenshot made from the video on my computer that shows some error messages that popped up for a single frame before the game was gone (see attachments). I don’t think I was doing anything in particular, so I don’t know the cause, but you can check the video itself to see what preceded it—the crash was immediately after the end of the video.

From my last thread of this nature, I learned that I should attach game log files, but I forgot to make this thread in time and I since played some very early beginnings of other games to test some other thoughts I had. Therefore, I don’t know of how much use the logs will still be, but I’ll attach those as well. Sorry.

Steps to reproduce: Not a clue. Sorry. Again though, see video, maybe that will provide information that I personally cannot.

Attachments:

gfx.log (12.3 KB)
stonehearth.log (1.7 KB)

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 110) according to the title screen.

System information:

• Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

• Memory: 8192MB RAM

• DirectX-version: DirectX 11

• Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

I would suggest to merge with your other report:

But this is a crash and the other wasn’t. I can’t see the error message well from this computer but I think it shows the same messages in both.

If that’s true, we can’t know if that error was indeed the cause of the crash.

1 Like

Oh, I should have checked that. I think you’re right, it is exactly the same as far as I can tell. Alright, merging would be good, then.

done and done… and i suppose this serves as a sort of “pseudo-confirmation”? :smile:

2 Likes