Can't Start A New World

I get an error everytime I get to the map generation screen and it prevents me from starting a new world. This is my first time playing. i have the alpha 20 build, the latest build.
I get this error message everytime I try to generate a new map.

release-693 (x64)[M]
…rvices/server/world_generation/custom_landscaper.lua:30: attempt to call method ‘_initialize_determiners’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘_initialize_determiners’
…rvices/server/world_generation/custom_landscaper.lua:30: in function '__user_init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.lua:270: in function '__init’
radiant/lib/unclasslib.lua:201: in function ‘Landscaper’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:65: in function ‘create_new_game’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:151: in function ‘create_new_world’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:180: in function <…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:170>

Welcome to the forum, @EbonyMachelle :slight_smile:
Disable any mods that you might have installed, this looks like an error caused by a mod that adds a biome.

1 Like

You are using either the Archipelago or the Canyon, cause those are the only biomes that changed those files in the error message.

Just download the newer version of the mod you are using to fix the error.

1 Like

please help i got this error after i punch a mod in
release-949 (x64)[M]
co-routine failed: …arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:800: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘distance’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:800: in function ‘_is_flat’
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:657: in function ‘_place_feature’
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:717: in function ‘place_features’
…arth/services/server/world_generation/landscaper.lua:738: in function ‘place_flora’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:418: in function ‘fn’
…onehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.lua:13: in function ‘measure’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:416: in function ‘_place_flora’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:365: in function ‘_generate_tile_internal’
…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:288: in function <…server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:257>
(tail call): ?