Building error - attempt to index local 'depe' (a nil value)

I constructed a castle and appeared to me the following error:

Does anyone have a solution to the case?

1 Like

what does the second error say?

also what version of the game. are you using any mods?

and can you also upload an save before the error appears? ^^

this is the next error:

no mods…
i even dont know how to use them on steam xD
and the ver is 12 from latest update

where should i upload the save ?
do you mean save the game ?

yes an savegame - just upload it on some hoster like dropbox or googledrive and post them here - so one of the devs can check it :wink:

the true is that i forgot how open the document with all the saves

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

tnx man
and should i upload like document or like file?

you will have to compress it, since it is in a folder. and upload it that way. you may also want to upload the design as well. that is if you are able to save it as a template. not sure if the devs will want to look at that as well

you got it guys ?
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B12QvVf2R99YMGtSejB6ZkhpcVU&usp=sharing

1 Like

Got it. Nice castle. Thanks for the save!

4 Likes

FWIW, I think this might be the same error I ran into when trying to build even a pre-fab building on dev-2650 just now. Once you clear the error, the placement UI (you know, the ghosted building that you can rotate and decide where to place?), never appears. The arrow changes to the blueprint icon, but you can’t actually place the building.

Edit: Savegame if it helps. Bonus Bug: That ladder I have marked for removal? Yeah. Been like that for hours.

1 Like

In addition, if I wanted to keep it and use the maintenance Otherwise, it does not give.

@Albert, has this been resolved?

No, we’re actually looking at a redesign of the building tool in general though.

1 Like

I’ve never seen this before, nor could I find it by searching google, so figured I’d throw this up there along with my save and template. It is a custom building, so I wasn’t too surprised when the bug showed up, thinking it wouldn’t let my hearthlings build it, but it won’t even let me console build it either.

Error

develop-2650 (x64)…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:344: attempt to index local ‘depe’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:344: in function ‘_compute_inverse_dependencies’
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:122: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:39: in function 'set_active’
stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5>
develop-2650 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

Save File
Building Template

I have been designing a castle and when ever I click build a null error comes up

develop-2699
(x64)

…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:344:
attempt to index local ‘depe’ (a nil value)

stack
traceback: [C]: ?
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:344: in
function ‘_compute_inverse_dependencies’
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:122: in
function ‘set_active’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:39: in function
’set_active’ stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5: in
function <stonehearth/call_handlers/build_call_handler.luac:5>

Marking #resolved, no reports in A14. Post if encountered again.