Attempt to call method 'destroy' (a nil value) - in function 'removemarker'

*Summary:**military crash

[Enter basic crash description here. E.g. immediate crash to desktop, black screen with music playing, Windows error dialog popup, etc.]

I can no longer command the military . Heartligs collect only cumbersome objects . Tunnel is not built to end . Ladders are no longer used. Military groups can not be formed

develop-2786 (x64)
...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: attempt to call method 'destroy' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'destroy'
	...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: in function '_remove_marker'
	...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:478: in function '_issue_party_event'
	...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:454: in function <...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:453>

Stonehearth.log:

[Paste your Stonehearth.log file here. File is located in game install directory. Default Steam location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth]

Stonehearth.log uploaded by google drive

A Picture of my town. Are there to many ways?

Attachments:

[Link to crash.dmp (from game install directory). Upload your file to an online file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive and paste link here]

Versions and Mods:

Alpha 14, german modd

[What version of Stonehearth are you playing? Have you installed any mods?]

System Information:

[Please list Windows version (7, 8, 8.1, 10), video card (e.g. GTX 780), and monitor type (laptop panel or external monitor)

Win 10, extern monitor, AMD Readon R7

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/crashing-on-start-read-this-updated-october-28/13297:

[Have you attempted all the steps detailed in linked post? Please do before posting!]

Notes:

[Any additional useful information]

1 Like

Summary:
Engine error while i command the soldier
Steps to reproduce:

1. load save game
  2. wait until enemies attack
  3. attack the animies

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Notes: After error i cant controll the soldier

Attachments: Savegame uploaded by google drive

Version Number and Mods in use: Alpha 14

System Information:

1 Like

Hey there @kanalgrufti, do you by chance have the engine error handy? Can you paste it in here?

Oh yes of course, sorry.

develop-2786 (x64)
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: attempt to call method ‘destroy’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘destroy’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: in function ‘_remove_marker’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:478: in function ‘_issue_party_event’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:463: in function <…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:462>

page # 2

develop-2786 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

No worries, it’s easy to forget! Going to merge this one, we already have reports on this error (but the save is likely really helpful)!

Not sure if this is the same bug, but I’ll post it here.
Latest alpha 14 build 2786 x64 no mods

I can command my one footman (only have one at the moment) but whenever I try to use the party no 1 commands I get an error. I believe it started happening after I saved/reloaded a game

Here’s the error:

develop-2786 (x64)
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: attempt to call method ‘destroy’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘destroy’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: in function ‘_remove_marker’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:478: in function ‘_issue_party_event’
…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:463: in function <…t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:462>

2 Likes

Sorry for my terrible English!

Summary:

After loading a savegame I had an engine error (with two messages), which make it impossible to use the first soldier party (red flag). No commands are possible or take new soldiers to the group. So I grouped my soldiers new on the 3rd (green) flag. It´s worked for a several hours. After loading a savegame and an engine error I had the same problem with the green flag party.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load my savegame
  2. Move the green flag group or attack with them and a window with the engine error will be open.
  3. Close it and try to use the group. Nothing works. Same with the red group (older error which I had earlier in the game).

Expected Results:
No more soldier groups will follow commands

Actual Results:
Two soldier groups (red and green flag) don´t follow my commands

Notes:
These are the messages comes with the engine error:

Number 1:

develop-2786 (x64)
...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: attempt to call method 'destroy' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    ...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:309: in function '_remove_marker'
    ...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:478: in function '_issue_party_event'
    ...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:463: in function <...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:462>

Number 2:

develop-2786 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments:
savegame download:
https://app.box.com/s/f65qbpuc5cuppb2a8a6ovgbj6o2r11ud

Version Number and Mods in use:

Version: 14 (2786)
Mods: German translation

System Information:

Time of this report: 1/17/2016, 07:12:07
Machine name: My-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151230-0600)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H67M-D2-B3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12272MB RAM
Page File: 3285MB used, 21255MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Display Devices

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 950
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1402&SUBSYS_32081462&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4017 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1969 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: PnP-Monitor (Standard)
Monitor Model: M197WDP
Native Mode: 1360 x 768§ (59.664Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.6143 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.13.6143
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/16/2015 18:34:16, 16981976 bytes
WHQL Logo’d: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-5742-11CF-2D60-05121CC2C735}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x1402
SubSys ID: 0x32081462
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Driver Strong Name: oem5.inf:NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1:Section032:10.18.13.6143:pci\ven_10de&dev_1402
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

1 Like

You’ll be happy to know that this has also been encountered by many others, so we should see a quick fix, assuming the problem is easy to fix of course.

Hey there @Bluesmaker, welcome to the Discourse! Thanks so much for the report, it is very detailed and easy to understand. I moved it over here with the similar reports @megashub mentioned.

1 Like

Summary:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Not consistently reproduceable. Sometimes placing a “Move” token works, other times it gives an error. Usually issuing a couple of subsequent orders for a single party ends up resulting in this error.

Version Number: develop-2786 (x64)

Error #1:

develop-2786 (x64)
stack traceback:
	...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:454: in function <...t_server_commands/combat_server_commands_service.lua:453>

Error #2:

develop-2786 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Is now fixed on my machine. @Bluesmaker, thank you for your very giant save! :slight_smile: It now loads fine on my personal build. Also: fences ho! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Must we do something or is there an update in steam?

@kanalgrufti: the update has not been released at this time (as of 2:52 PM EST, January 18, 2016). You will see a post on the Stonehearth dev blog when a new patch is released. Someone will also likely post in the #development category at the same time!

2 Likes

@sdee: Great! I have a lot oft fun with the alpha and looking forward to the final game.
Nice community here and with @jomaxro a really friendly supporter.

6 Likes

thank you for the warm welcome! also, i haven’t seen this particular error pop up since, but others like it are still present. they do not pop up nearly as often and aren’t so easily caused. it’s harder to research them, but when i can consistently evoke error reports, i will see about posting as much info as i can get.

1 Like

You are very welcome @Smiley8716! We (mods) try to welcome everyone to the Discourse when they first post, though I’ll admit it isn’t easy when we average 10 new users a day, and you don’t exactly have flashing lights or anything else that makes you “stand out”!

As @sdee always says, it’s not your job to solve all the bugs, so only do research as long as you are still having fun. Additionally, if you get any engine or UI error, even if you have no clue why it popped up, do post it to the Discourse. Many times the devs are familiar enough with the code that they can fix the error from the trace, even without details on what is triggering it. Have fun!

2 Likes

Good morning,

I still have a little thing found . If I gave a tunnel in order I can no longer look at the construction sector . I can then the yellow framing no longer visible.

Translated with Google

ich habe noch eine Kleinigkeit gefunden. Wenn ich einen Tunnel in Auftrag gegeben habe kann ich den Baubereich nicht mehr betrachten. Ich kann dann die gelbe Umrahmung nicht mehr sichtbar machen.

A post was split to a new topic: Attempt to index local ‘entity’ (a nil value) - in function <…s/client/combat_commands/combat_commands_service.lua:28>

A post was split to a new topic: Uncaught Error: You called Tooltipster’s “destroy” method on an unitialized element - at HTMLTableCellElement