Assertion Failure

Summary:
playing in the desert with the Rayyas children. Start building my city into the ground like i saw on desktop tuesday because it felt good. After finishing the clothiers place I start getting this error.

release-779 (x64)[M]
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘execute’
…ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:69: in function <…ut_another_restockable_item_into_backpack_action.lua:50>
[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:196: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:193>

[C]: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:515: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:499: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Steps to reproduce:

1. I guess its item related to things taking up the same space and the game engine not knowing how to deal with it. So put a bunch of items around the banner,
  2. Buy stuff from a vendor
  3. Watch the game stop functioning while you can continue to place stuff for hearthlings to do before you notice they no longer with to do anything except perfect the art of being statues.

Expected Results:

I expected the vendor to reroll spots until an empty one appeared in its search radius.

Actual Results:

I guess the vendor system thought it found a good spot and told the game engine where to put the item(s) I bought. When the engine said no it wasnt a valid spot it looked at vendor system like i did with my math teacher when she told me 2+2=4. She was suddenly speaking alien and I didn’t know what to do. Game halted and nothing ‘productive’ could be done except restart from my save and not buy stuff from the vendor.

Notes:

Productive - Meaning anything world changing. UI responds and the world answers.

Likely already caught but posting just in case.

Version Number and Mods in use:

Latest version

1 Like

Thanks for the report. This should be fixed in the next unstable release.