AI spins in r849, Steam Alpha Latest 24.10.3

Summary:
Lots of the below, 4-8 at a time:

release-849 (x64)
@ stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:575: (412429 Nia Fenton) has not yielded after 10 ai spins.
Are they in a bad state? Last abort reasons:
<destination (270635 stonehearth:decoration:firepit_seat) is no longer valid at start.
filter description: find lit fire (x10)>
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:53: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:262: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:575: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:514>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:514: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:277: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:274>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:274: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Steps to reproduce:
Message seems accurate; 'lings who are trying to navigate to the fire as it approaches daybreak get confused and start throwing this error as the transition to dawn occurs and the fire starts to go out. Once it starts happening, tho, it happens all day - like they’re eternally searching for that phantom fire of yesterday, poor lost souls… ahem.

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods. 24.10.3, r849.

System Information:
Win7 x64

Of note: looks like it “spreads” to the whole town once it starts - the above example is one of around 6 that got thrown at once, each one a different Hearthling.
Edit: wow pre tag is not so helpful in reading a long line, is it?

2 Likes

From this last unstable update, I’ve been playing multiplayer, and my hearthlings are constantly getting stuck just standing there, usually alternating between idle and resting at the fire. When a hearthling is doing this, the AI memory usage skyrockets, so clearly the game is trying really hard to figure out what they should be doing.

An fix that seems to work some of the time is sending the town in to alert and disabling it, as this seems to reset their AI. The hearthlings eventually get back to work on heir own, but it’s definitely affecting gameplay.

Yes, the fix for some cases of this is going in the next release. If you upload a savegame, we can verify that your case is fixed too.

4 Likes

I saw my carpenter getting stuck holding a log of wood (Item dropping animation played constantly) in their hands while the campfire was already active. She went on for almost half an ingame day. Eventually she snapped out of it on her own, probably because she got hungry. Unfortunately I do not have a save for that, but once I encounter it again, I make sure to post it here.

Edit: It has something to do with the campfire because her AI activity stated that she wanted to light up the campfire, even though it was already lit, causing her to get stuck with the constant item dropping animation.

@max99x Wasn’t sure if it was all the same thing, so this

has details of what i’ve been seeing (some of it may be builder-related and not just AI?). Savegame attached.

Also,

a24r849

do dah, do dah

1 Like