[A23] Restocking Items Way Too High Priority?

I love that in Rimworld you can individually set the priority of tasks per person. In my last save with Ascendancy, it seemed like most of Hearthlings were stocking items instead of doing their jobs, even when there were things for them to do. Shepherds not feeding animals (although I turned off hauling for them and they just idled next to their bed for a whole day while about 10 blocks from 2 sheep who starved to death while their house was next to 4 bags of sheep feed so…I dunno), Workers not mining or building, etc. instead everyone just shuffling things between storage.
Might be nice to have a tweak to the existing Restock Shelves that lets your Hearthlings purposely restock a category of items instead of a single one (less micromanagement), or a way to deprioritize but not disable types of tasks.

1 Like

If you have a savegame that reproduces the issue with hearthlings not doing their jobs, upload it and we can take a look at why that might be happening.

1 Like

I deleted the last one, but I’ll keep an eye out in my new game. Using input and output bins more intensively seems to help with their task management.

1 Like