The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread

While it runs fine it was using 230MB of RAM and 30% CPU which seems a bit foreboding for the full version. Running with 8GB of RAM, 2 2.9Ghz cores and 64 bit Win 7.

No errors, and it looks great by the way. If a longer test period for stability would be useful then some kind of frame limiting would be good - Iā€™m seeing around 650fps and my GPU fan goes like the clappers. CPU usage was around 35% for me by the way (only quoting as lots of other people have too)

Specs: Wind7 64bit, i7 4770k, 16GB RAM, GTX780 Ti

Not in the near future, but thanks for letting us know you want one!

Noted, thanks!

Heā€™s not a real intellectual heavyweight

Ah, our T-junctions. Noted!

Yes, always :slight_smile: Thanks!

Let us know if itā€™s pegging your CPU/Memory, and what your stats are if it is. We still have a lot of performance tuning to do.

Now Iā€™m trying to visualize this

Thank you for all your stats everyone! Weā€™re poring over them and trying to find trends. In the meantime, keep the data coming! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Windows 8.1
Nvidia GT 750M
Intel i7-3630QM 2.40 GHz, 4 cores
8 GB RAM
1920 x 1080 x 59Hz, one monitor, laptop
Consistently runs at 45 FPS, drops down to about 30 at times in fullscreen
Less than 19% CPU usage.

Runs just fine, worked on the first try, and I successfully sent my information to you! However, Iā€™m posting here simply because I wanted to report that my system handles it perfectly.

Did some more testing and found out that the zooming in and out with the mouse wheel tends to lag and be somewhat unresponsive. also iā€™m getting FPS above 30 with occasional drops down to 20

EDIT:

Ok so now after using the bandicam software to see the FPS (not recording) the frame rate seems to stay at 20-25 FPS with drops down to 15-17 FPS. This FPS drop could just be a result of the two programs running at the same time. also minimizing the program and reopening it gives me the error: ā€œerror == GL_NO_ERRORā€ and I have to close the programā€¦

Will there be options in the game to change the video settings/Graphics options?

Looks great and no crashes for me, however my computer fans start humming away. The program also seems to eat up all available processing power, so im afraid to leave it running for an extended time.

Lastly the in game mouse pointer doesnt show up, unless i mouse over the stonehearth link.

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the beta.

My laptop opens the program but all that shows is a black screen with the yellow text in the top left discribing the graphics text, nothing else shows up.

Specs:

• CPU: AMD Turionā„¢ II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620 2.50GHz
  • RAM: 4.00 GB
  • Graphics: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

ok, so im home now, but stuck on my laptop for the time beingā€¦ progress!

just wanted to send out a general ā€œwelcome aboard!ā€ to all the new faces who have joined up and contributed their test resultsā€¦ thanks for all the help! :+1:

The program crashes for me even when I run it as an admin. No errors displayed, just black screen at launch and then it crashes itself.
My specs:

• Intel Core i5 430M 2.26GHz
  • Nvidia Geforce 310M (Open GL 2.1)
  • 8 GB DDR3
  • Windows 7 64 bit

I noticed that the bunny animations often stop mid jump so they look like they jump in the air and appear on the ground without finishing the jump animation. they also jump backwards sometimes and lag to another space. It could just be lag.

I have the same thing happening with my mouse. The custom Stonehearth cursor only appears over the link. Also in my subsequent attempts Iā€™ve gotten a !readpending_ warning then a crash.

do you know if the ā€œresultsā€ are still being sent perhaps?

I am not sure, but here is how the program crashes:

1. The window turns white when it launches and it is align on the centre.
  2. The window then turns black and then it aligns itself to the right top corner.
  3. After a few seconds, the program closes itself.

Also, I can see the stonehearth mouse cursor whenever I move my cursor into the window.

hmmā€¦ thanksā€¦ are you familiar with your system logs? the ones that your OS generates? hereā€™s a quick guide to finding them, in the event you can match one up to the time when SH crashedā€¦

Sadly, does not work for me. I do not get any error prompts as others are reporting. In my case: I launch the Test, a window briefly appears (more like a flicker), and it is gone. I try launching it with my Task Manager open, and I see the Stonehearth.exe process appear, but it disappears almost instantly (sometimes the crash_reporter.exe will appear in its place, but disappears just as fast).
(Was not able to locate anything in the Event Viewer.)

Specs:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 750@2.67Ghz
  • RAM: 6.00 GB
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD4850

Well now i am getting an error worked great until some how i was monkeying with the zoom and i got the little island to disappear. and i am getting. !error when i try and load the game. now if i wait abit before i try and relaunch the game it works normally again i think it was holding the proccess open and causing the error.

I have noticed abit of lightning effect on the bunnies cheek area mainly during there breathing animation. not sure what would be causing it

Ran it the first time with no issues. No visual glitches that I personally saw, everything ran very smoothly.

Edit: Actually the textures under the rabbits ears and the workers finger digits were kinda wonky. Overlapping issues?

Tried to run it a second time and got the already mentioned !readpending_ warning followed by a crash.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.5GHZ Black Edition (No OC)
4GB DDR3 1600? (I want to say 1600, built the computer 2 years ago and that was the first computer I had built in 3-4 years. Outdated on the current popular numbers)
Radeon HD6870
Running Windows 7

P.S. Graphics test looks awesome. Thanks :smiley:

As a general suggestion to people having trouble: please make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Iā€™ve been involved with multimedia/gaming library development in the past and the number one resolution to problems was having people update their graphics drivers!

1 Like

Works great! canā€™t wait for the game now :smiley:
I donā€™t see the yellow induction when i move my mouse over or click on things, but beside that it runs perfectly.

Mine worked just fine, I didnā€™t see anything wrongā€¦This did get me really happy for this game though! This game is going to be Awesome!

1 Like