Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords

still waiting… and anticipating… and growing more intrigued by the moment… :tongue:

2 Likes

UPDATE!!!

So, I’ve missed some deadlines I set for myself due to procrastination and lack of inspiration BUT I think I finally have a grip on what I want to do for most of season 1!

First, We have a new bad guy coming into the fold!

So, this is a preview at a new model I’ve been spending most of my time figuring out. Now I’ve spent a lot of time on the discourse and I’ve seen a lot of pitches and attempts of Werewolves and Dog men. Sadly I never really saw a wolf or dog in a few of them and I was kinda curious of what I could come up with.

With that in mind I decided to try it out, much like how I did the Samurai Model after seeing @Avairian’s Models. This time around I took a page from a Mister @Prof_Crafter and his wolf men. He used the original wolf model and colors to put the model together.

Mine is a little different, I won’t get into details on the model today. Expect that when I finish rigging and rendering out his portion of the Desktop Background of Season 1.

As far as his story goes, He was cursed by the Elder Tree (to be expanded on later) for abusing his dog. Since then he moved into Nephlis Woods around the Discarded Tower. He preys on travelers and imps who patrol and pass through the woods at night. He cannot transform back and he can command the lifeforms living in the forest, along with a goblin encampment that worships him as a god.

In the series, He finds himself following Conradin because of his unusual resurrection believing that Conradin holds the key to his humanity. Conradin finds him as a friend and guide around the Nephlis Woods, little to be known that he has his own agenda.

I hope this tides you over :stuck_out_tongue:

Pandemic

EDIT: Added Fully made model turntable, for those who know the uniform you’ll know what he did before he was turned.

3 Likes

Is it me? Oh, and if you want any help with more dogme n models just ask

I made these sometime during late August, so everyone who has made Dogmen past that time has copied me, I hold all the cards gentlemen

2 Likes

I never copied anyone. I improved on what has been made in the past :wink:

Copied is a horrible way to put it though.

1 Like

Not saying you copied me but it kinda feels like it, I wanted to be king of the dogmen but I admit I did kind of give up though and stopped posting these guys up but the good news is I have EVERY SINGLE DOG BREED IN THE WORLD on my computer (That includes a few wolves) so yeah…I never stopped working on it…

agreed… there really is plenty of room for creative expression here folks… no one can claim supremacy or “ownership” over a particular model type…

how else will we see improvements upon existing ideas? we’re all one big voxel family here… :wink:

@Newf, just think of it as paving the way for others to enjoy and follow in the same direction… :+1:

Set Update:

So, a lot has happened in terms of story and set changes. Firstly, the story involving the False King will be shifted to later in the story and will not be the main story of Season 1. I feel like if Conradin emerged from 200 years of being dead that more would be going on, the main reason for this change is that Conradin would have more to deal with morally and emotionally after coming back from the dead.

In summary, Season 1 will be more about his personal conflicts about coming back to life and trying to find out his families fate as well as his time in Nephlis Woods and the Discarded Tower. The False King will be present in Season 1 as a rumor due to the next change.

Due to the changes in the story I decided a change of environment would be appropriate. We are now staging Season 1 in the northern homeland of Conradin, it is a sizable northern Island of which Conradin was born before being transferred to Thalos.

Here is a quick teaser render of the possible set.

As far as sets go, I am in communication of Youtube Minecraft build teams. While Thalos itself will be built by me there is a extreme amount of places where events happen. I decided I need help with building so I contacted some people to assist me and am waiting a response.

Back to the ol’ grind,
Pandemic

5 Likes

More on the Battle Scene:

So, I’ve been super swamped at work and with family stuff sadly I haven’t gotten much done. I am nearly done with rigging Kanil (Wolf duder) and I have finished setting up most of the scene for the animating. Here’s a quick awesome render for you to keep you up:

Working on the color saturation but i think it’s turning out well, hopefully this video will be up in a week or so.

Still going,
Pandemic

10 Likes

Well, @Pandemic, seems like you have a nice series planned out! Judging by how my wolfmen influenced you, I will gladly say that I could help with some more model ideas! If you are short on ideas, give me a shout! :+1: for you!

You helped a lot. I find one of the best inspirations I’ve gotten for this series are the fresh new faces that come into the Qubicle scene of the community, there are a lot of people who made and continue to make the models on the forum but I’ve always found the fresh and new takes on models to be the best ideas.

As far as people helping me, I have a metric ton of ideas. The only real area I need help with is the sets. If I never need model help, I’ll be sure to let you know.

agreed! aside from the “grainy” effect in the background (i dont really see it on the models, unless im just not looking close enough), i think the saturation works well… :+1:

1 Like

I kinda like it, gives it an old TV vibe

This is caused by not having Ambient Occlusion on. The farther you get from the camera the more distorted things become, this will be fixed in the animation cycle I just don’t see the point in adding the render time for a better product if its for a preview shot

1 Like

Working on a new render shot while taking breaks from animating.

Teaser:

Using some new ideas I had I exported a new set build from Minecraft and edited their material properties to look like a traditional Stonehearth house style, the dots on the floor are where villagers and other human entities will be placed.

6 Likes

looking good, excited to see more

Another Massive Bump in the Road.

Today about 11 minutes ago my laptop decided it would be a good idea to blue screen and wipe my Harddrive. As of this moment, I have absolutely nothing left of the series. It wiped the story, models, animations, the first 2 episodes without audio and my minecraft set worlds. Only things I have left are my thief models.

So the state I’m at is very upset. I’ve spent May-Today working and animating this together and now it’s all gone because of technical bugs. I did have everything on a flash drive which I am pretty sure my older brother stole from me awhile back.

I don’t know if I’m going to start from scratch or trash the project. So yeah…

Out of the game for a bit
-Pandemic

Ouch. Here’s hoping that you find that flashdrive… You had a lot of amazing stuff, just from what I’ve seen on this thread. Not sure how you’d come back from that otherwise…

1 Like

Well, I posted some stuff on the Template thread. I’d start there then find images from DA and my personal qubicle thread and gradually make my way back with models, it’s the animating I don’t want to redo. My big issue is I had everything the way I wanted it to be and now I would need to go through find all my settings again. If I do anything It’ll most likely be exclusive to render images cause I don’t want this to happen again

1 Like

:fearful: I know that feel
Nowadays I have an external drive and from time to time I save things there.
But also I have a dropbox account, it was very useful when I was studying in University (never rely on a pendrive -.-)

wow @Pandemic, that’s rough… I’m terribly sorry you lost so much work…

I do hope you’ll find inspiration to perhaps start again, or possibly venture into a new project when the preview release arrives… :+1:

2 Likes