Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords

right… and keep in mind that more often than not, the units will be seem from a much greater distance…

actually, now that i think about it, that will mean the emotions radiant will try to convey will have to be very easily read from afar… probably a combination of body language and facial gestures…

Well from the builds the youtubers got it looks like you would be able to zoom in and look at the facial expressions, I am totally up for staring at a workers face for a couple of hours

Funding Update:

So, I’ve taken a look at my options.

Kickstarter seems like a very good one, read the project guidelines and bylaws and the project fits them very well. I’m going to continue working on the series as well as looking into other funding methods, in the long run I am hoping it works out :grin:

1 Like

well, you’ve got a built-in customer base here my friend… :wink:

keep us posted!

Update Schedule:

So now that the trailer set is finished I’ll be following this schedule.

Mondays: Set Building, Update on Character Redesigns
Tuesdays: Animating, Set Building
Wednesday: Animating, Update on Set Productions
Thursday: Animating, Character Design/Modeling
Friday: Game Day/Livestream, Animation/Test Release
Saturday: Set Building, Animating
Sunday: Day Off (Likely going to be building sets)

So along with this I’m announcing the character redesigns, mostly for Tobias and Ysmay and secondary characters like the Thief Ranks, as well as Game Day. Game Days will be days I will be playing games with anyone who is interested in the series and giving suggestions, this will sometimes be swapped out for a livestream day where I’ll be working on Animated Shorts other then People with Swords but will be related to it’s story.

That’s today’s update along with a question, What would be a better mod: Playing as the undead, or a visual expansion mod?

Toodles,
Pandemic

Teaser Image :smiley::

5 Likes

@Pandemic

Hey, how did you get the Quibicle figure to get in that pose? What program did you use?

I’m currently using Blender

Thanks for telling me.

you should swap notes with @voxel_pirate, as he is currently working on some Blender magix… :smile:

p.s. kick arse model, by the way… :wink:

I watched his videos to LEARN how to do this stuff :smile:, Though I will be animating in my own style compared to the game itself. though I do check his model to animation thread weekly.

1 Like

Maybe it needs a re-work once the game is out and some top-priority things are done :wink:. I plan a new series which also uses the addon I am just writing for Blender.

I’ll be sure to look for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Set Update:

So It’s Wednesday, set update day! The trailer set is done! I’m going to get a world file of it so I can export and use it. Until that point I have been working on a small village set for a battle sequence, I teased a fight with a Maurauder in the Combat pose of the villagers in the Desktop Tuesday when Tom posted some posing and animation for the combat engine. I’m not sure if I will have the entire scene finished by Friday so it may be a Update/Test instead of a Animation release.

As far as this set goes it’ll take a bit of time but I should have it done tomorrow at which time I’ll post some screenshots of it and a test render shot if I have the time. The overall building of Thalos (revised name for the capital of Green country) is continuing, sadly since the valuable tools have been down on the server it’s progressing slower than I’d like, but she’s getting there.

See you Friday!

1 Like

You guys are making me feel bad with all these consecutive posts.

I need help, today I’ve been working on the battle scene i teased, I went looking for fighting styles for 2 handed sword… I found almost 20, and I’ve narrowed it down to 4. I have a render of them BUT the 3rd one (going from left to right) I absolutely will not use I was just too lazy to remove it.

3 4
1 2 5 : Order for those you will just look and not care.

So, these are my options. I really like the front 3, but I want people to give me an opinion. I won’t use 3 because of how often I see it. Cloud from FF uses it, Ichigo from Bleach uses it, most samurai images I found used it, I just don’t like how often I saw it and I want to do something interesting rather than something everyone and their grandparents have seen.

So, 1,2,4 and 5 are my picks. Which one would you guys like seeing Conradin use? Let me know by commenting if you find more stances you don’t think I’ve seen feel free to include them in your comment!

P.S. : Conradin’s palms are blue because the swords have been altered with a 1 voxel handle instead of SH’s standard 3 voxel wide handles, this helps me find where to put the sword for the most natural gripping hand I can make for this kind of model.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to comment. It is always nice and motivating to see people interested in the series.

Happy Belated Halloween,
Pandemic

7 Likes

i prefer 1 and 4, 5 seems a tad cheesy and not as threatening. Leaning towards 4 as the one i would pick.

1 and 2 both look okay, but I prefer 2 as it looks more like Conradin means real business.

I prefer 4, reminds me of mabinogi sword holding :slight_smile:

its a tossup between 2 and 4, with 2 looking like he has already committed to a fight, while 4 looks like he’s poised, and ready to strike in any direction…

if i had to give one an edge, it would be 4…

1 and 4 are the ones I like. I think 3 is hardcore!!

Animation Update:
So, today I read the opinions on the styles. It looks like it’s either going to be 2 or 4, which is good by me, I’m finishing off the set Sunday then hopefully I can finish the basic animation by Thursday and have sounds added and it all edited together by next Friday. Tight schedule so don’t hold me to it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s looking like the Maurauder may end up losing to Conradin, but I might put it to a vote. Never know.

Still working…
Pandemic

2 Likes