Tales of Stonehearth: People with Swords

We’re talking but chats not showing up for you again :crying_cat_face:

Edit: Okay, it’s catching up now

Is it just me or is the chat very laggy?

It’s on a 5 minute delay between him and us :frowning:

Edit: And now it’s not, sometimes messages delay by like 30 seconds but I think that’s a Twitch problem

1 Like

Alright, due to popular demand I entered today’s Livestream work in the Qubicle Competition. Head on over there and vote for my workship if you would like me to continue entering this months contests.

#PandemicforVoxelmaster” I think it has a ring to it :wink:

3 Likes

The completed Llama project for the livestream on the 29th.

4 Likes

hey, nicely done! i wasnt able to join this time… was it a community driven effort? :smiley:

I had a really hard time finding something to do during that stream…everyones randomness kicked me in the rear and sparked the need of Llama.

clearly you made the right choice… “when in doubt, go llama”… thats what dear ol’ mom used to say…

is he finished product, or are you still making iterations? i thought he might look good with a slightly extended snout… but the rest of him is so compact, i think it might already be the right proportion…

I’m not really sure, I like how it looks but I’m not proud of it. I think I’m going to do a “Animal creation” stream were I go back and alter previous animal models I’ve done, like the Lynx from SHK pet contest

1 Like

LIVESTREAM: September 1st, 5pm EST

Topic: Remodelling of the False King

If we reach 25 viewers, I will reveal the part of the secret of the False King. Additionally, I will announce as well as the winner of the contest of when I told you who ever could find the link connecting the False king to the story. There were 15 people who tossed me theories, but only 1 was closer than the rest. I will extend the chance until 4:30 EST tomorrow for people to enter their theories.

If we hit 50 viewers, I will show the very first panel of the comic I have finished. Keep in mind, my computer can’t handle too much. I don’t have much done, but this panel is a key part of the first Chapter of the Story.

To break up the text, I said yesterday on stream, “I plan to make a thanks for watching image”
Here it is:

I hope to see everyone there. In the slight chance Radiant chooses to stream tomorrow as well, this stream will be moved to the 5pm EST on September 6th. Send your theories to me via Private Message, if they are posted here, they are void and will NOT count towards the contest.

EDIT: Stream is moving to the 6th, Today is the awesome movie day with my mom.

5 Likes

UPDATE!!!

So, for any of you who have read the Birthday thread you know my Birthday Saturday after this weekend. I decided to give myself a little gift (figuratively). I hate how qubicle default exports. It seems dry and plain to me, and I just hate it. I am naming this week Export week. All of this week I’ll be testing out new export settings so I can give you guys the most pretty model renders and scenes I possibly can.

I am a sucker for pretty things. One of the styles I’m trying out is the “3D Pixel Game Heroes” game style, and it has small borders to the voxels in that game and I love how it looks. I’m going to toy around with textures as well so that I can hopefully make my comic seem more complete when I finally start releasing it.

1 Like

as are we all, my friend… especially @Geoffers747

cant wait to see what you are preparing! :+1:

1 Like

I’m rendering out a new turntable animation, I fixed my biggest issue.

Scratch that. Kinda fixed it.

Great stuff like always @Pandemic.

I made slimes.

Orange and Brown didn’t seem like good color choices.

5 Likes

so simple, and yet, they simply must make it into SH… :smile:

Those slimes are awesome :smiley: Orange is a classic slime! But I hear ya, sometimes a color doesn’t fit. Thinking of a brown-slime made me think of slimes rising up in areas with color as camophlage. The brown slime likes to hide in wood cube stockpiles… they call it “Woodmens’ Bane.”

Also any chance of that llama .qmo getting uploaded? :slight_smile: I need me some llama. Tasty tasty llama.

1 Like

My biggest question about the slimes is how they’ll animate as the squishiness and wobbling is like what makes them a slime but it could be super hard with out the ability to scale as part of animations.

i think you could just go ultra “simple”, and have them bounce stiffly, but when they land, have a particle effect? dust motes, etc. it might make them look more intimidating… :wink:

1 Like

And don’t forget the slime trail!

1 Like