Suggestion: Ressouces infinite

hello,

my suggestion is that for a sandbox game you need to have infinite ressouces. So iron and gems dont run out. It is really importend if you dont want to fall in the same gap as Timber and Stone where the ressouces got really strong limited (i know that is supposed be hard if you try the actuelly version you will know what i mean)

So i think a bit about it an came up with some posssible solution:

1. You could create deposit (some kind of structur over the ground where you position you mine of them) so you build a get infinite ressouces out of them. To make sure that game dont be
    to easy this deposit will be under the “Box”-system so first you need to
    clean up the area and protection when the enemys come back.

Smaller and not infitive despoits you can find more easiere over the map and
    make sure you can equip you army properly.

Or you can make a option
    when you start a game that deposit are infinite or not. The downside
    of this system is you need to have lot of despoits over the entire
    map and digging underground dont make any sense anymore. (at last
    not for the race that live above the groud.

2. You add some kind of trader in this game so you can exchange the
    ressouces for limited ressouces. Downside of this is that is not anymore a sandbox game if ressouces are not infinitiv

3. Or you could make somekind of job that create rar material such as iron and gems. Like a Alchemist.

So my option is if i want a survive game i would go an buy Timber and Stone or something like that.Sandbox games like. Minecraft, Castle Story, DayZ all one thing in common they have infinite supply of building material so make sure you have that her too. Because that would create make long-term motivation

Infinite materials would completely alter the game and the way it’s played.

I imagine there will be an option, or gamemode, that allows such a situation where you can build, play, and be left to your own devices will feature - I’m pretty sure we have a quote on this I’ll go spelunking.

As such infinite resources should be some sort of secondary gamemode or difficulty option, the game should not be made and will not be made with infinite resources as the norm.

Edit: I’ll merge you over in a thread dealing with the same issue :slight_smile:

hello,

my suggestion is that for a sandbox game you need to have infinite ressouces. So iron and gems dont run out. It is really importend if you dont want to fall in the same gap as Timber and Stone where the ressouces got really strong limited (i know that is supposed be hard if you try the actuelly version you will know what i mean)

So i think a bit about it an came up with some posssible solution:

1. You could create deposit (some kind of structur over the ground where you position you mine of them) so you build a get infinite ressouces out of them. To make sure that game dont be
    to easy this deposit will be under the “Box”-system so first you need to
    clean up the area and protection when the enemys come back.

Smaller and not infitive despoits you can find more easiere over the map and
    make sure you can equip you army properly.

Or you can make a option
    when you start a game that deposit are infinite or not. The downside
    of this system is you need to have lot of despoits over the entire
    map and digging underground dont make any sense anymore. (at last
    not for the race that live above the ground.

2. You add some kind of trader in this game so you can exchange the
    ressouces for limited ressouces. Downside of this is that is not anymore a sandbox game if ressouces are not infinitiv

3. Or you could make somekind of job that create rar material such as iron and gems. Like a Alchemist.

So my option is if i want a survive game i would go an buy Timber and Stone or something like that.Sandbox games like. Minecraft, Castle Story, DayZ all one thing in common they have infinite supply of building material so make sure you have that her too. Because that would create make long-term motivation

On top of all that, @Geoffers747, I can’t imagine it being too difficult to make a mod for it. We’ve already seen people change the resource requirements for crafting things that aren’t in the game yet.

And from my very limited experience… most games like this have some way to extract resources from the world without actually needing more of it. Extractors come to mind where you only need the resource node once, then it just continually produces, albeit at a slower rate.

2 Likes

Tom said in one of the livestreams that they dont want you to restart a game simply because you run out of resources. So one way or another you have a way to get your resources.

Infinite materials would completely alter the game and the way it’s played.

I imagine there will be an option, or gamemode, that allows such a situation where you can build, play, and be left to your own devices will feature - I’m pretty sure we have a quote on this I’ll go spelunking.

As such infinite resources should be some sort of secondary gamemode or difficulty option, the game should not be made and will not be made with infinite resources as the norm.

Edit: I’ll merge you over in a thread dealing with the same issue

so over short or long you get overrun by monsters or get stuck? Im sorry but on Kickstarter it was clear said they want to make a Sandbox game not a survive game so build a city and kingdom. Sorry but that is definitly the wrong choice.

And i if im right Tom said on the livesteam that you dont run out of material how that fit together?

Therefore i dont want a creative mode. I would never use it. I like to fight so i would try to get iron and material out of fights maybe that is a way to solve it you can loot the monsters or loot they module bases. (would be pretty cool and strategy)

I think I may have misunderstood what you meant by infinite - I thought you meant that you have an unlimited amount of resources available for you to build things with - similar to Minecraft’s ‘creative mode’.

Of course @Miturion you mean that there are infinite resources in that you cannot really run out and will also have access, but you obviously put in the work to acquire the materials.

My fault @McRib26 - of course you have to gather materials like you’re saying.

Slight misunderstanding there! But yes, there will be resources constantly available to you, but you will obviously have to put the work in to acquire them.

Thanks that is all what i want to hear ;).

1 Like

No worries, I’ll move everything back and close the other thread!

Sorry for the confusion folks, I’m sleep deprived honest!

Edit: So yes, resources will be renewable and accessible throughout, you shouldn’t reach a point where you are unable to access certain resources and have to restart.

indeed, our very own @RepeatPan’s “spawn anything” mod does this very thing already… I’m sure we’ll see improved versions, or variations on this as time goes on too…

edit: d3rp… this is the closed thread!

2 Likes