Star Trek TNG: Crash Landing Mod Idea for Stonehearth

Capturing the essence of Stonehearth is really the big challenge.
The only aspect I would consider keeping from reality would be the ratio (1:1 compared to the in game characters).
To get it right I’ll be designing the door of the ship in comparison to the characters, once that is complete the rest of the ship will be made.
To give it the Stonehearth feel, we could possible make the front end less curved?

Hopefully there is a way to mix the art style from both universes (I’m sure it’s possible, I’ll confirm that tonight after modeling).

True, that’s the most difficult thing… to match the model with the design of Stonehearth. Especially with modern technology this might be the most critical point. I have also started with loading a standard worker into Qubicle, to help me with the size. My Type 6 will be as long as 3 settlers, roughly. Actually I have also started with the door. That’s where I am at the moment (long way to go)…

Update: The front will be the hardest, so I have avoided it so far and worked on the back:

Update: Getting slowly there, but this really takes some time and it is getting late… :disappointed:

P.S. I have just re-painted the settler to fit into the scene :wink:.

P.P.S. Most probably I will go for a model which is close to “reality” and adjust it a bit later to fit the look of Stonehearth.

7 Likes

@y2bcrazy I think making the front less curved would work out fine!! If you look at the memory alpha page for the type 15 you can see the old school 80’s shuttle which has no curves at all, so it’s definitely plausible to take them out!

About mixing the art, I’m sure if there is a way to properly mix them you’ll find it

@voxel_pirate looks like an awesome start! Even Data’s cat likes it! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Here is a selection of some of your characters. I’ve been tweaking them a little, some are WIP but generally I think they read quite well.

I’ll upload the .qmo file once I have finished them

17 Likes

cool idea and nice models

Wow @voxel_pirate looks like it’s coming along nicely!

And holy crap @froggy those models are amazing! I can instantly tell who each of them is!

And you’ve got pretty much everyone all ready to go! I’d just say we need a the female cast members now and we’ll have the TNG crew wrapped up!

… and of course a red-shirt who can horribly die :smiley:.

As you can see, I’ve only completed the shell of the passenger area.
The Cockpit will be done soon, after that I’ll do the rockets, interior and end with the exit door.

Edit: reduced the turn speed. Edit 2: white background was a bad idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Part 2:
I’ve added the bottom end of the cockpit, funny enough the ship looks like…well, a ship (speedboat).

5 Likes

Wow that looks great!!

And if you ask me - it looks like it fits within the Stonehearthiverse pretty well, while still being recognizably Trek!

1 Like

The rest will be complete tomorrow, Enjoy!

1 Like

So, my version of the Shuttlecraft Type 6 is also almost done (just some computers missing inside). Hopefully it will look like a shuttle, once it is painted :wink:.

I have also updated the model of my small captain… @Froggy maybe you want to add this triangle between the trousers and the shirt to your models. I think this gives it just the last touch.

5 Likes

to everyone involved in this effort, my inner 12 year old thanks you… from the bottom of his 12 year old heart…

the crafts and models look fantastic! and its great to have you back @Froggy!

3 Likes

Shhh, I’m not here. I’m completing my final project report that has to be handed in at the end of the month… honest.

p.s nice avatar :heart: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I was looking at this last night. I think they read well as they are, but I also think you might be right. I’ll see how it looks - sometimes less is more.

Edit: And my Season 4 Bluray of TNG arrived in the post this morning \o/

3 Likes

Here we go with my interpretation of the shuttle…

http://www.stonehearth.de/storage/shuttle.gif

http://www.stonehearth.de/storage/shuttle1.gif

http://www.stonehearth.de/storage/shuttle2.gif

13 Likes

I love it :smile:
I can’t wait to finish mine…work cannot finish any sooner D:

Almost done

6 Likes

This is nuts. This thread ended up being more than I could have ever hoped for!

Amazing work these shuttles are fanfreakintastic!

2 Likes

hehe instead of farms you would replicator stations

4 Likes

Great - you found a way to mix my like of old cheesy Sci-Fi shows with a game I want to play… now you’re getting me all excited… and we’re still a good (way too long) ways away from getting the game!

1 Like

Researching this would go something along the lines of:

Picard:
“Geordi. It’s been three weeks since I’ve had my Earl Grey. How long until our replicators are modified for this god forsaken cube dimension?!”

Geordi:
“We’ve just perfected the phase variance Captain. Would you like to be the first to order a beverage?”

3 Likes

Welp :smile: i know what I’ll be making next :smile:
A replicator lab (boasting nice organized rows of replicators for farming)

1 Like