Scientific Evidence Proves Wombat Evolution Theory

No no no! Erm, @RepeatPan and I are old buddies from, ah, science class and have always trying to improve on the, erm… effects of a chloroform pills!

Those pills were the recipe I recently cooked up, and, ah, the expensive wine was because he’s an old buddy and we go way back. I treat my friends very nicely :smiley:!

The body bag, is for… well… a sleepover! Yeah! That’s it! He’s coming over to my house… to sleep… for a while… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Alright. You’re good to go.

congratulations one and all… this is now one of the most bizarre topics on the discourse… :smile:

9 Likes

Thanks! Maybe that way RadEnt will add it into the game: would make for some weird but interesting lore.

1 Like

The only difficulty I have is believing that you are a real scientist, Mister Cube. If we all, as you propose to do, just make up evidence as we see it fit then that is not science. That would be charlatanry.

Any skilled voxelier could make a walrus look identical to someone’s mother without too much effort. Does this prove that said mother is related to a walrus? Of course not.

It is hard to take such a statement serious from a man who seems to think science is a tool to become famous easily - even if it means faking evidence and jumping to absolutely irrelevant conclusions.

The fact that you bring up this concept of “arms” again shows how little you actually know about Stonehearth’s evolution. What you have linked is, of course, not even an arm per se, it’s the trunk of a mammoth race that died out millennia ago. As it just happens do I have a very rare sketch of it. This picture was found carved into marble walls somewhere near the cost of Arth-Voxpok:

Looks astoundingly like your “arm”, doesn’t it? If you wish to insist that wombats are the predecessors to this mammoth then I would absolutely love to see your conclusion as to why a limb suddenly decided to become a nose.

This made up evidence, thank you very much. There is a huge gap in the last three steps that cannot be explained: Why is it suddenly losing its humerus? If we take a look at evolution we see that losing limbs is actually really difficult; as soon as the limb has reduced enough it will stop shrinking. We can see this in snakes, which still have legs. For a manatee, a further shrinking or losing of its already very small humerus is not difficult at all.

Growing limbs on the other hand is something that comes rather naturally and can quickly be done; some things are even dominant in their multiple form. Therefore, it would be really easy for a manatee to grow the necessary legs, whereas simply vanishing a humus within a few hundred generations is impossible.

Therefore, the last two steps of this evolution do not depict descendants of Patriasaxumfoco iungo but rather Stettlerus villagerini.

Finally a voice of reason in this ocean of ignorance. Your scientific input is very appreciated.

A scholar of How to sell snake-oil I presume?

Ah, so now that you admit that your scientific “discovery” is little more than hot air you threaten to inquisition me? What century is this, the 16th?

3 Likes

Okay… so there’s obviously some kind of scientific (can I even call it that?) war going on… and I have a question for both Mister RPan and Mister SCube… How, and why, are the arms separated and floating?

1 Like

Professor RPan please.

Ah, that is a very interesting topic that is not well researched yet. The current widely believed theory is that the arms, during development in the womb, “notice” their body and “remember” it. It is a symbiosis of some sort; the body supplies nutrients to the arms and in return they let themselves be controlled by the body.

As such, the arms have little reason to leave their host, so they “stick around”. This theory has some scientific proof behind it as it happened in the past that twins had two different set of arms, or even two right/left arms.

As to how the arms are keeping their position is, I’m afraid, not really well researched. The theory I am currently researching is that manatees already invented this technique to hunt for food. By using their shoulders, they were able to create currents in the water, effectively “guiding” their fins to their prey. It is assumed that this skill was simply ported over to land. However, no noticeable air currents could have been measured so far.

Another, more “experimental” theory is very complicated physics, depicting that there is yet another elementary force in the universe. It has to do with little strings and is way beyond my biology PhD to understand. I believe the idea is that we are all just some sort of marionettes, yet I am not sure if those lads are really talking physics or have already drifted off into the insanity that is philosophy.

1 Like

Good point.
The arms evolved to be able to carry and shift heavy objects, which with the current body structure they had during that period was not possible.
The properties of voxel matter are yet unknown…

But, for god’s sake don’t make me visualize this :arrow_heading_down:

My OCD is ticking… unless you’re referring to a strange type of ambidextrous people.
Not to mention me myself have a twin, I don’t like reading this kind of stuff right after breakfast, I’m quite an empathic person…

Clearly you’ll all overpostulating and need the distinguished Professor Xavier Lions to assist here. The correct answer is really rather simple.

It’s unknown, there is no recorded case of a infant or child incarnation of a stoner ever, so far as can be surmised all centers of population only gain new citizens of this species via immigration and all seem to come from actual locations that can be visited without issue. The method of how the population of stoners increase at all is one of the great mysteries, other species it’s much clearer on like the lagomorphs connection to the humble rabbit which is extremely well documented.

The current leading theorem in the explanation of this phenomena is Planar Leakage, which in simple terms is alternate realities occasionally slightly warp ours to reflect theirs causing the creation of new beings. When combined with the Infinite World hypothesis* this explains the increasing amounts of said stoners within the realm.

* The idea that the world is infinite in all directions, no evidence has been found to contradict this as opposed to the Qubiod Earth theorem** so it is assumed to be correct.
** The idea that the world is quboid, as no evidence of an edge has been found within a distance of 400000km this is generally assumed to be false.

1 Like

This is also one of the best topics !

1 Like

There’s another couple of theories going about too. You will be aware of course, of the existence of linked planes of existence… well, suffice to say that some arcanists have postulated the existence of a “plane of lower arms”. For whatever reason, the ancestors of modern Shlings* evolved a means of shunting parts of their bodies onto this plane. However, arcanists in favour of this have yet to adequately explain why this is the case.

Alternatively, a person’s DNA LUA contains some kind of heretofore unknown force akin to electromagnetism or gravity, that enables the mind to send instructions and the like to the hands. A sufficiently efficient receptor could also allow this as a means of transmitting energy to the hands, negating the need for food. Mind you, there is still the issue of how the hand develops and grows.

*Stonehearthlings. What do you think, “shling” vs “human” :stuck_out_tongue: ?

1 Like

I have to say that just if 2 fossils were discovered near each other they don’t necessarily evolve from each other. Very sloppy work, Mr. R. Pan. Besides, I have a legitimate rendering of my evolution thanks to @The_M, some which cough I believe you do not have.

We were having a mature, scientific debate (That is, until that scoundrel @RepeatPan showed up) about the evolution of Stonehearthians, not an increase in the population of stoners.

I don’t see where you’re going here, but the wombat evolution theory is also immortalied in voxels: take a look at @The_M’s diagram.

If I was not busy with… this… thing I’m doing right now, I would destroy both of you so hard in some way that I would yet have to come up with, but it certainly would be brilliant.

That being said, I refuse to further discuss this issue with someone who has not read Empiric Proof That Fossils Next To Each Other Are Likely Related by D. Carvin, B. Jond, R. Midcully et al. If you think that science becomes correct simply because you can draw fancy pictures stating that then we might as well take our business outside again and burn all books.

3 Likes

“Amazon Book Reviews: Empiric Proof That Fossils Next To Each Other Are Likely Related (2 Reviews)”

Really really dumb (:star::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:)

“When I bought this book, I though it’d be a legitimate read from several distinguished scientists. Turns out, it was just a complete con: inside the book there were ~500 blank pages, and to add insult to injury, at the end there was a waffle recipe. Absolutely horrible, do not buy. It is not worth the $34,344.43 dollars.”

Generally Horrible (:white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:)

“It’s a complete fraud: 567 blank pages and 4 pages showing a waffle recipe. I really shouldn’t have spent my life savings on that book.”

2 Likes

Once again you are bending the truth as you please:

15 of 7’150’591 people found the following review helpful
Really really dumb (:star::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:)

3 of 6’987’482 people found the following review helpful
Generally Horrible (:white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle::white_circle:)

These reviews do not even show up for me - but likely Amazon filters them for me based on my previously written and rated reviews. It does not come as a surprise to me that those would be the only one Amazon thinks are… usable to you, however. Maybe try signing out and see if anything is different?

But beware, it could have real science and maybe even words you don’t understand, Mister Wannawombat. Maybe this is even some case of quantum booking - words that you cannot understand are simply invisible. It would explain why the only chapter they could read was the appendix containing a waffle recipe, which was used for an experiment by the way.

1 Like

Looks like blood in the water to me.

Popcorn* anyone? Cheap at just £1.50 per 200g!

*Contains only Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Popped Maize, Soya Oil, Butter, Single Cream, Salt, Invert Sugar Syrup, Molasses, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithins).

this has evolved from the extremely bizarre to the highly entertaining!

incorporating “Amazon reviews” to substantiate claims? stroke of genius… :smile:

Kindly explain how waffles are related to 2 side by side fossils that supposedly evolved from each other, Mr. Pan?

The experiment in question utilised waffles as catalyst to create fossils more quickly. The experiment then showed that, independent of waffle size or ingredients, the fossils were all the same: Fossily.

This was just one of many experiments and facts, personally extremely interesting was the comparison of two fossils on the Galapabox islands. The squirrels found on both islands had only one common ancestor, which was a fish. Lo and behold, squirrel and fish skeletons were found each in the bay between those two islands and no squirrel fossil from the other island was found anywhere on the island, i.e. Alpha had no beta squirrels and vice versa. This concludes that the location of fossils clearly indicates a correlation.

At any rate, more of a correlation than “Look I made pretty pictures!” If this is science my good man then I am afraid I will have to create a PowerPoint presentation to get my point across.

3 Likes