[Res] Sheep phasing into the landscape

Wait, I started Stonehearth and made a new world, and I didn’t see animals roaming. Do I need to update or something or am I a complete noob?

Whilst this is most likely the cause, we’ll pretend it isn’t.

You should be playing build 41, with the map and everything?
If you’re not playing build 41 then no critters.

Are you playing through Steam? Are auto-updates enabled?

1 Like

Make sure your on patch 41. If you are then it’s probably because none spawned. They are quite sparse and don’t always spawn.

Holy hell. I’m still playing Release 34? WTF?

It also doesn’t replace the Play Button with the Update Button. I think I’m going to have to reinstall SH.

That was the previous release a week ago: http://stonehearth.net/2014/02/06/stonehearth-alpha-r34-now-available-on-steam/

Check your Steam is set to auto-update, I’m not sure if you need to Opt in to the versions as well, restart Steam first before anything else.

OK. Now I’m just angry.

Since the Update Button didn’t show up. I reinstalled the game, restarted Steam, and what do I get?

What is this? Some sort of twisted endurance test?

Right click Stonehearth in your library, and go to ‘Properties’,

On the ‘Updates’ tab, what does the top box say? Set it to High Priority.

Also, change this setting to “latest” as below:

4 Likes

Thank you @Geoffers747! I was helpless without your help.

OMG. I’m loving the game! It actually feels like a a fiished game, except it isn’t. SH has a long way to go.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but in release 41, most of the maps don’t even contain critters for me O.o

Did you use quickstart or regular? Also what does it say on the side with creature count? (or is it critter?)

Regular, and it said common ^^

Wierd. See if they appear if you use quickstart.

Thanks, Albert has identified the bug and is working on a fix now.

congratulations @Dufremle, you’ve been [ack]nowledged! :wink:

2 Likes

Woah! :blush: I gotta say, the Stonehearth community is one of the best I’ve ever interacted with.

1 Like

Send gifts, donations, and all fan mail to Geoffers and Steve, make sure my name goes first. Please. I need this.

1 Like

Sigh

You needed treatment for your “arm wound”, right? And I sent you that Geoffers Care Package. And now I see you have a new yacht. How’d this happen?!

3 Likes

Burrowing people (!) and wildlife has been fixed on our internal build. Thanks to Dufremle and Dani​Angione for catching the bug and providing great information! You are safe from the Zerg (for now).

4 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

YAY! The Under-Sheep have been vanquished!