[Res] [Dev-2594] Blacksmith dropping ingredients next to forge

Edit: I was mistaken in my original assessment, refer to the other posts for information on what occurs to produce the bug.

To reproduce, have all ingredients on hand and craft a steel ingot.

The recipe calls for:
2 Iron Ore
2 Lump 'o Coal
1 Wood Log

However, when the blacksmith goes to make a steel ingot, he will drop one of each item at his feet (not in the Forge). Overall the process only uses up:
1 Iron Ore
1 Lump 'o Coal

This is surprisingly similar to the recipe requirements pre-alpha 12… Probably just a mix up in the steel ingot crafting file.

2 Likes

We’re having a problem whereby if an item isn’t dropped into the workbench, it isn’t used up. This happens when the workbench is a different size than 1x1x1. Try rotating your workbench, and see if it happens every time?

6 Likes

I also noticed after some time the available items in the workshop don’t match my actual inventory. Is it because its sitting on the ground by the workbench? For example I have 10 tin ores, but only 2 are shown in the workshop when making ingots.

1 Like

Just to clarify, you count 10 on the ground, but the workshop UI only shows that you have 2? How about the inventory UI? Or the store UI? Just trying to narrow down what the issue might be. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The inventory UI shows i have 10. Then the workshop UI shows only 2, or something like that. It doesn’t match inventory UI. On the ground there always seems to be much more. I haven’t figured out how much the store UI is meant to show. Seems to be limited by how many they will buy??

1 Like

@Moe
Do you have a picture of your blacksmith dropping the items at his feet?
I want to see where he is standing in relation to the forge.

Thank you
-Yang

3 Likes

My previous assessment was wrong, I shall never doubt @Sdee .

@yshan, the blacksmith is standing at the very corner and it looks like all the items are getting ‘refunded’…

Also note the path behind the blacksmith that seems to ‘guide’ him to that square every time.

5 Likes

Youch, ok. Send us a save (contact@radiant-entertainment.com) file and we will try to find the discrepancy.

1 Like

I should mention that @yang has built a kick-ass in-game debugging/designing tool to make sure this never happens again, or that if it does, we have The Best Time fixing it.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from [Res] [Dev-2594] Blacksmith dropping ingredients next to forge:

@sdee I love making and using kick-ass in-game debugging/designing tools! Can players use the tools as well??

1 Like

You bet! You can find the most recent version of the stonehearth debugtools here: GitHub - stonehearth/debugtools: Stonehearth Debug Tools Mod

2 Likes