Qubicle Competition Model Submission. Cycle 1, Week 2 - Winter Apparel

So here it is, week 2 of the Stonehearth Qubicle competition, and the theme for this week, thanks to @Geoffers747 is winter clothes/ armour (I know, I completely rigged it)!

A massive thankyou to everyone who competed last week, your models were great and I look forward to seeing what you guys produce for this week!

Congratulations to @Relyss and @Agon who placed joint first, and have earned themselves a position in the 4th week of the competition.

Back to the matter at hand, you can submit any model related to winter clothing, be it a thick fur coat, a nice set of armour for a soldier, or winter protection for your noble steed, the choice is yours; just make sure it’s relevant.

Just to go over the rules once more:

• You can only submit one model per week.
  • The model can be anything related to the theme, as long as it can be achieved with the free version of Qubicle - no post-production effects, animations, etc.
  • Vote for as many models as you want - simply ‘like’ their post by clicking the heart at the bottom of the submission.
  • Keep all discussion of this week over here, as anything in this thread that isn’t a model will be moved or deleted.

Model submissions will close on the 13th July, and the winners of this week will be announced on the 14th July alongside the following weeks theme.

We want to see models regardless of ability and quality as we’re thinking about the possibility of having future awards such as ‘most improved modeller’, so don’t feel like you can’t submit!

2 Likes

Well, I’m a finalist now (I can’t believe it, with my new forum title and all :joy: thank you very much to everyone, the competition was exciting with that surprising late entry).
To break the ice, this is my try at winter clothes (I can’t do armor x_x, I tried):

If you don’t see clearly the girl’s hoodie, please go here. And if possible, have a look at the rest of my gallery, thank you :wink:

9 Likes

Here’s my submission. The soldiers have on some snug and warm winter armor, and are leading a stipan cart to its destination. I tried to make the Stipan and cart covered in snow. And what winter apparel is better than snow?

7 Likes

Well it looks like we might have two winners by default :tongue:

Come on guys, get your models in! Submission closes Saturday, the top 2 places earn themselves a nice title and a position in the final week where they can compete for prizes!

Ok, let’s try to not make it that obvious… here a scenery I have put together for the contest:

Update: I have exchanged the picture with a version only created in Qubicle.

4 Likes

Nothing exudes ‘freezing yer giblets off’ like being stuck on a frozen planet with your best rebel buddies by your side.

So I present to you my interpretation of Winter Apparel:

“Hoth”

*Goggles sold separately

*100% rendered in Qubicle

15 Likes

Hey guys, you have about 12 hours left to submit a model!

We’ll close this slightly later this week, around Midnight BST, which is, well, damn timezones.

1 Like

It would appear I have sprained a rule or two.

To correct this allow me to present Yuri the Yeti Hunter

He is wearing what every well dressed Yeti Hunter is this season… Snow shoes, A wolf-pelt cloak and wolf fur trimmed helmet. His gloves are sealskin lined with yeti fur.
And with so much fur in his outfit he simple doffs the Helmet throws on some pearls and he is ready for an evening of elegance on the town.

Damn forgot the snow on the trees… ah well :sunny:

7 Likes

And this week is closed for submission!

Thank you all for submitting your models! There are about 8 hours left to vote (closes 18:00 BST, or just check the timestamp on this comment)

Winners will be announced shortly after closing, as well as the third week of the competition!

Get voting!

Voting and suggestions for the theme for next week will also close at the same time, so please head over to the [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-theme-suggestions-week-3/2128/7]theme suggestion thread [/url] and suggest or vote! Thanks guys and gals.

This week has now finished. A big well done to everybody for their submissions, they were all fantastic.

The two people who have earned themselves a position in the 4th week of this cycle are:

@Froggy With his [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-1-week-2-winter-apparel-8h-left-to-vote/2129/7?u=geoffers747] Star Wars Winter Clothing [/url]

And

@RoseyNineOneOne With some [urlhttp://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/qubicle-competition-model-submission-cycle-1-week-2-winter-apparel-8h-left-to-vote/2129/4?u=geoffers747]Bandit Soldiers and a Stipan cart[/url]

So congratulations to you two!

The threads for next week will be up soon, so keep an eye out!