Ladders Measurement Tools and More Now on Steam Unstable Branch Build Develop 1633

I’d play it, but I’m meant to be raiding ATM :frowning: .

Also… build “development 1633” :open_mouth: ? That’s a big jump up from r144 :smiley: .

1 Like

There are also some other surprises if you look at the game files.

9 Likes

yeah for CSI sleuthing! :smile:

whelp, time to take this for a whirl!

edit:

:smiley: :+1: :clap:

sorry, its the little things that get me… :wink:

4 Likes

Treasure hunter?!

Oh my goodness, that… want… me want.

5 Likes

Thankfully this doesn’t require as much work as deciphering blurred text on a whiteboard.

There is also a nice surprise in the monsters file but I don’t want to spoil too much for people so they can look themselves if they want.

2 Likes

Spoiler Alert
In entities > monsters > forest there are “ents” and “ent-minions”, and they look amazing!

I love how they keep the cute style of the game while still looking scary and threatening.

9 Likes

Nice.
I hope some chopped woodblocks will turn randomly in an evil ent-minion. That would be hilarious.

5 Likes

The picture in my head of villagers scattering in all directions flailing their arms about is wonderful.

4 Likes

The ents were there from build 127 :blush:
It’s not really a surprise.

Bliss of new features :star2:

4 Likes

well well, aren’t you mr fancy. :wink: You were holding out on us this whole time?

3 Likes

Not only me. I didn’t want to make spoiler, you know.

BTW, nice title n_n

3 Likes

Great update!

Loving the new measurement tools and the cleaned up building UI.

Ran into a strange bug, wondering if anyone else has encountered this. When building, my citizens will get about 2/3 of the way through a house and then just stop building it, go idle and that is that, no way to get them back building it.

Started fresh with new world and got the same issue. Anyone else dealing with this one?

Cheers,

1 Like

yes, I found a way to get them going again but it had the opposite effect. I added on some stuff and they started deconstructing the house to the ground and the game crashed. I took that as a good joke that they were telling me they will work when they are dam good and ready. To be honest though how cool would it be to add into the code a way that when your workers get pissed enough they start doing bad things like removing things HAHAH that would be awesome. Then they would have to introduce a Judge and Police Worker. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I’ve just seen the notification of yesterday’s livestream. =(
I always miss these things…

Wait what? I still don’t see it… there was a livestream?!

You can still catch it here for now:

1 Like

I knew i had an odd obsession with you for a reason.

1 Like

Just don’t forget that Twitch no longer keep past broadcasts forever, so you’ve got (I think) about a fortnight to watch it before it’s gone :frowning: .

2 Likes

if by “hilarious” you mean terribly frightening… then yes, i absolutely agree… :blush:

1 Like

Okay, some thoughts on the most recent stream (because I don’t go near Twitter & so missed the original)…

1. Could really use semi-transparent models for glass in this. Then insert into a separate window frame model. What do you think, @Tom / @sdee?

2. Love the diamond window design :slight_smile: . However… because unlike the regular window it’s flush with the wall, the colour contrast jars IMHO - paler walls and suddenly the much darker window frame doesn’t work so well. When the frame juts out though I feel it looks better.

3. Love the reinforced door as well. Let’s hope we can lock goblin thieves out or something with it :smiley: .