Help repro a bug: Workers stuck inside a building

Hi guys,

We’re seeing reports that workers will sometimes get stuck inside in-progress buildings after placing some furniture. In all of our test, Workers can walk through scaffolding to get out of the building.

If you’re able to repro the bug, please post specific steps, or better yet upload a save file.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
-Tom

1 Like

hey @Tom… I think we just had a report that might shed some light on the issue…

have your tests ever had units that utilized furniture (to eat lunch) in an as yet unfinished building? it seems like this triggered the stuck units in the most recent report (looking for it now)…

1 Like

comment from the blog:

Ive had problems with, when building the dining hall, workers stop to eat in the half built dining hall because the furniture is placed but then can’t get back out to finish building because the door is blocked by scaffolding and the walls are too highly built to climb back over.

some additional user feedback:

edit: grumble grumble… I cant locate the report, but I could swear I read it just this morning! :smile:

edit #2: oh well, if nothing else, here’s the original report:

1 Like

Can’t reproduce the bug, here is what I did in order.

Place the dining hall template down.
Create 10 chars are 4 tables.
Wait until all workers and hungry.
Build the dining hall walls.
Harvested Berries before the roof was started.
Workers went to sit down in the house with the scaffolding up.
Workers went through the scaffolding without problem.

Before the workers would definitely get stuck, but they seem to be fine. If anyone would like to test it on their game then here is the save file

Workers Starving, Ready to build Dining Hall Save.

3 Likes

Here is another discussion about the same bug that might help.

2 Likes

Well the bug happened to me sevral times now on different saves. It is random.

Here is the link to savefile
Heartling is stuck in house on the bed and he is hungry.

Hey there @bungee75, welcome to the Discourse!

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like

I edited my first post.

1 Like

Great, thanks! I’ll page @Ponder to see this on Monday. BTW, what version of the game is this?

It’s 0.14.0 release 519 x64

I have to say that I have a lot of fun with new enemies, but those big zombies are a bit terrifying at start.

1 Like

Oh that guy there became stucked when the house was empty.