Game stops saving at "Saving...."

I’m having problems with the Saving… message as well. It happens when I try to normal save the game, but it never does so. I have restarted the game multiple times, and even tried new maps but normally I can’t save past day 2…

I’ve taken a suggestion from a past thread and deleted my saved_games file on the assumption that something was corrupted, but that didn’t work.

If anyone experienced what I have and discovered a fix, please share with me. Thanks

I mentioned this in another thread, but I’m posting it for added visibility.

I’m having problems with the Saving… message as well. It happens when I try to normal save the game, but it never does so. I have restarted the game multiple times, and even tried new maps but normally I can’t save past day 2.

I’ve taken a suggestion from a past thread and deleted my saved_games file on the assumption that something was corrupted, but that didn’t work.

If anyone experienced what I have and discovered a fix, please share with me. Thanks

hello there @DBDiggity welcome to the discourse,

seeing as your new i guess you wouldnt know this, but could you try and not make a new thread if there is already one for the bug/topic your making it for. just to avoid clutter and such.

i just merged it for you.

Ah, sorry about the mix-up, and thanks for the reply. I tried the fixes that I’ve seen around the forums but nothing seemed to work. Thought the best thing to do was make a thread and hope someone has something that might work. I’ll just waiting around and see if anyone else comments

so after it gets stuck does F5 work? because F5 resets the UI, so it might clear up this bug.

F5 allows me to interact with everything again, but it doesn’t save the game. Nor does it allow me to save again (the Saving… message flashes for less than a second). At least it’s better than nothing. I’ll try to play out 2-3 days to see if the issue is time related; at least with the UI reset I won’t lose everything if it the bug persists

When a save is attempted it just says “saving…” for a few hours and it still doesn’t save. If I turn “autosave” on and don’t say, whenever the auto save kicks in nothing becomes clickable and its like as if the game wasn’t responding, but it is. It seems every way I try to save just messes up the game.

+1, exactly whats happening to me

1 Like

What I’ve tried (and has been working so far) is to save as soon as the time changes from night to day, or day to night. Also I set it to run as an administrator (just in case it was a permissions problem)

thanks for the info @DBDiggity i will make sure to tell anyone else who asks/reports about this problem :smile:

No problem, I’m not sure if it’s a solid fix or not, but it hasn’t failed me yet

1 Like

I have completely deleted the file and also deleted all local data from steam about Stonehearth. There was nothing on my computer about Stonehearth at all. Re-installed the game, tried up a world and what do you know? I am still getting this error. Is there any outside files outside of the stonehearth steam folder? Like, something im not deleting that might be corrupted? If not then im assuming its just a game problem and not going to play for a while, I want to help look for other bugs and all but not going to waste my time building a town I can’t save…

@fallenhaze_djc are you playing the unstable builds? just want to check.

I don’t believe so, I haven’t changed anything. I’m playing Alpha 10.5 on steam, if you are asking if I have the ‘latest’ build option on steam active then no, I have been playing on “opt out of all betas”.

1 Like

yep thats what the “unstable builds” are, its just TR’s name for it i guess.

Im confused as to why im getting this error every time if other people aren’t

wait, do you actually get an error message? or did you just mean the whole “saving…” thing

The ‘saving’ thing. Wait, do you know the console command to save? Is there one? I want to see if that works

i dont believe there is one, but if there is i dont know it :disappointed:

@sdee, is there such a thing? because if there is, you better stop hiding it :wink:

I had this issue before too. Started many times over trying things to fix it. I think i found a solution for this. The game has problems to create a savefile from auto save if there is no savegame yet. When you first create a savegame, disable the option automatically save periodiacally and save the game. after that, enable the option automatically save periodiacally and just close the window with X worked for me.

Don’t use the overwrite button. That does not seem to work properly. somehow the savegame folder stays read-only, which is probably causing these issues. Not sure if this is causing the problem. Saving broke again after I used the overwrite button, so there is something wrong with that. Let’s see if we can fix that :slight_smile:

2 Likes