FAQ About Team Radiant's Second Project

Hey Everyone,

You may have noticed that Radiant (that’s us) have announced our second game. If not, hey, we’re making a second game!

It’s called Rising Thunder, and is about to enter limited playable Alpha. I’m sure you have questions.

How does the second game affect Stonehearth development?
Game number two has no effect on Stonehearth development. Rising Thunder is staffed by an entirely separate team, and has been since its inception. Meanwhile, Team Stonehearth has been 100% devoted to our game. That arrangement will continue going forward.

How is the second game funded? What about the Kickstarter funds?
Rising Thunder is funded 100% from outside investors. That was a condition we set for ourselves before even deciding to do a second game. If you’re curious, here’s an article describing some of the investment in the company.

All Kickstarter money goes to Stonehearth development. Investor money goes to fund both games.

So what’s next?
For Stonehearth, it’s business as usual. We will continue to update Stonehearth regularly, and will continue to grow the Stonehearth team. On the other side of our office, Team Rising Thunder will proceed with their launch.

So there you have it. Hopefully this post has answered some of your top-of-mind questions. If you have more, by all means post a reply to this thread.

– Tom, on behalf of Team Radiant

18 Likes

should this perhaps be under, other games?

edit: got distracted and forgot to say, congrats to you guys and gals of radiant! i look forward to seeing the development of RT (thats going to get confusing if i continue to use TR for team radiant…) i will keep a “watchful eye” on the project/game of Rising Thunder.

5 Likes

i’ll let this soak in a bit, but I just wanted to pass on my heartfelt congratulations! having two IPs for Radiant is not only a mammoth undertaking for a new studio, but a monumental accomplishment…

well done folks! I look forward to seeing/hearing more about RT!! :+1:

5 Likes

According to my research, it’s a fighting game that no one knows anything about. When will more information be available?

Don’t forget to stay being the model indie studio. :smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations! Looks like a great concept that I have no doubt you will pull off into an amazing game!

1 Like

The press embargo ends today. So you might see more articles, etc in the days to come. :slight_smile:

Also, good morning and thanks to everyone who has voiced their support so far! Even speaking as someone who knows almost nothing about fighting games, Rising Thunder’s team has done an amazing/passionate/dedicated job, and I’m incredibly excited for them today. :slight_smile:

Edit: here’s some:

5 Likes

I saw this during EVO! Was so excited tha you guys are making a fighting game :D!

4 Likes

YES! Team Radiant makes an ever exciting surprise!

1 Like

The way that paragraph was written I’ve just gotta ask: Who at Radiant is currently working in which team? It’s saying that Team Stonehearth does Stonehearth, but could mean as little as “we’ve assigned our janitor as only member to Team Stonehearth and he does a really good job at wiping the floor”.

4 Likes

Tom, Tony, Albert, Chis, Yang, and I all work full time on Stonehearth. We share Doug Prior (sound), Brad (wider industry expertise), and Allie (concepts) with the Rising Thunder Team.

9 Likes

yay! ya! congrats! You guys are awesome and I am glad to hear you are thinking about you’re next project. This company is going to go great places… I can see it!

6 Likes

Thank you! Though it’s not really “next”. More like, “other/parallel.”

5 Likes

just signed for alpha :wink: And i cant say it better then Hogwartscat ^^ TR goes high high high up :wink: and im happy and honored that im here since the kickstarter ^^

3 Likes

What else can I say?
Congratulations! :smiley:
I’m happy to see that the company is expanding. Everything looks really promising :clap:

4 Likes

so i see this today, this is news to me and its not April 1°

4 Likes

Rising Thunder is a free-to-play, PC-only, ranked multiplayer-focused online game. - IGN

Cool, can’t wait to play it. Hopefully I get into the alpha.

3 Likes

I have to say that i think the announcement of this game seems a bit weird and maybe rushed.
Out of nothing there’s two videos of two robots fighting each other on the youtube channel, without a real announcement or trailer or anything really. Then neither the stonehearth or the radiant website mention this game at all. You have to go to the website of that other game your making, stonehearth, then to that games forum, then click on the thread that’s pinned, but does not mention Rising Thunder by Name. Not that easy to find.
I think you might want to make a blog post on the stonehearth website or anything that resembles an official announcement and link to this thread, because this way i can imagine that you might get quite a bit of heat for this. A lot of people will jump to the conclusion your abandoning Stonehearth or something and this thread is not that visible, not at all. Not everyone frequents the forums, but they might follow your youtube channel and even if they frequent this forum, they won’t find this thread if they just scan the page for the Name “Rising Thunder” since it’s not in the Thread Title. It’s what i did when i saw the new videos on your channel and i didn’t find anything on either of your websites or this forum because i just scanned it. I just found this thread from a link of a random youtube comment.

6 Likes