Desert Transition Temperate (Multi biome map)

No, it needs an update. I will work on it in a moment.
(I totally forgot about this one :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

I thought so. But I did not want to ask too cheeky

Mod Updated

Added a compatibility patch for A20.
Also added compatibility with Archipelago and Canyon biomes (it still messes the archipelago minimap screen while selecting the starting position, but the in-game terrain and gameplay will not be affected)

Download:
At the first post.

3 Likes

I really like this biomeā€™s idea but iā€™d also love to see a few of the smaller spires from the desert biome on this as well.

I donā€™t think having different types of terrain at the same height is possible, but I wish it were.

It would be nice if there were some mountains or maybe valleys with rock in the grasslands

When does an update appear

I think it does not need an update. Did you found any problems or bugs?

Ah sorry. Because it is not noted for Alpha 21. Sorry for my english

Donā€™t worry. Either way, I updated the topic, and added a new version of the mod to fix a small incompatibility issue it had with other biomes.

OK. Got it. Thanks for the information

I hope this is the right place for this, but I just got into this game and wanted this mod, however itā€™s saying invalid manifest?

I just downloaded the game so I know I have the latest version.

Does the file you download had a bunch of numbers as its name? If so, that was caused by a bug here in the forum, and you need to rename it to desert_transition_temperate.smod.

Yes it did, I didnā€™t rename it to that specifically, but I did try
renaming. Iā€™ll try that specific name now.

That worked, thatā€™s weird. I renamed it ā€œdesert_transition.smodā€ but that
didnā€™t workā€¦

Yes it did, I didnā€™t rename it to that specifically, but I did try
renaming. Iā€™ll try that specific name now.

hey just wanted to let you know that i get this error when i enable this modā€¦

1/2
release-783 (x64)[M]
radiant/modules/validator.lua:25: expected at least 5 arguments but received 4
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'errorā€™
radiant/modules/validator.lua:25: in function 'check_num_argumentsā€™
radiant/modules/validator.lua:4: in function ā€˜expect_argument_typesā€™
ā€¦vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:167: in function <ā€¦vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:166>

2/2
release-783 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

with or without other mods it still gives me the error

it gives me the error when it is generating the mapā€¦ not just on yourā€™s but on the stock maps too(while your map is enabled in mods)

and it freezes the game that I have to Alt F4

image Mod Updated

For Alpha 23!

• Just a compatibility patch for alpha 23

Download:
:up: At the first post. :up:

2 Likes

@BrunoSupremo i was wondering if you would allow me to pull this data appart and see if i could come up wioth something? if it would be ok - or is the code outdated now? thx

I think it needs a few tweaks for a24.
But the biome is just a hacky implementation. I made the low grounds have grass color and temperate objects, while higher elevations would have sand color and desert objects. Not that interesting. I plan to one day revisit this and do a proper code for the transition.
But nothing is stopping you to look at it really, not only this mod, any mod. We all learn by exploring.

3 Likes

@BrunoSupremo When you make a polished version of this for general use & multiplayer, Iā€™d like you to keep one thing in mind.
On a PVP Map with this as a Biome, Rayyaā€™s has an advantage with early game stone/ores as all the Rock mountains are in the desert-like areas. If possible can you maybe sprinkle some Rock mountains in the Temperate areas as well, to provide a bit more balance? As Ascendancy has to dig much deeper to catch up in the early game.
Just a thought. Good Work though.