Class suggestions

I think it has been brought up before, but I like the idea anyway, it is a great way to make create stories and make the named charracters more personal :slight_smile:

No need to apologize @ShuyinVardiz! We have over 25+ categories, and thousands of topics within them. It is inevitable that some will be moved and merged, but that’s what we (the moderators) are here for.

2 Likes

Could this thread be closed? I feel like it’s unfair to people who spend a lot of time on a class suggestion to have it merged with a 200-posted thread. maybe a subsection for class suggestions?

1 Like

The problem is htat class sugestions happen so frequently that they would make it harder to find anything else. Further more most class sugestion is basically people loosely descirbing a function with 1-3 lines. Furthermore there is close to no discussion following people suggestions so making a seperate thread for every new one is mostly just taking space.

Having everything in a single thread makes it easier to look through and get a general idea about what people want.

Also adding to many sub categories makes it harder for everyone both mods and topic creators.

1 Like

I think if someone presents a real good thread with pictures and lot descriptions, his post won’t be merged into this thread. Like the fishermen suggestion. It will be simply linked. But on the other hand for such thread a lot of work is needed, also you’ll have to read through other posts.

1 Like

I figured the same, the very descriptive class suggestions with pics and loads and loads of thought put might just get linked. And smaller ideas like mine and about 200 others get merged

Treat this class suggestion thread as an idea tank type of thing. I do think they get read (or skimmed atleast) by the team if they are looking for ideas. (Does not mean your ideas get fully implemented)

1 Like

I like the heavy yak rider. Probably instead of the whip give him a pike like weapon with a spear tip and a hook. That way he can pull archers off of low walls maybe 4-5 blocks high so they can stop them.

Also a shield man that is 90% defense and maybe a small short sword. Couple him with a spearmint that can attack somebody two blocks away. Experiment an attack around the shield men so if you have for shield men in a line and then you have two or three Spearman behind your enemies would protect the children doing next to no damage but not getting any damage from the shield men. But your Spearman behind can attack without getting killed. The drawback to the Spearman would be that they have very low defense and lower attack strength when the enemy is right next to him.

Another not military class to add would be the traveling merchant. When you get later in game you might have enough goods that you give him a load of goods and he leaves the map to go to other towns to try to sell. And in this way also you can set on him what he is willing to purchase. So sometimes those items that you are looking for he can come back with instead of you waiting for days for a merchant that is selling that item to bring it to you.

Also a cart pushing hartling that has a wheelbarrow like cart goes around picks up boxes worth of stuff and move them to storage places. Or also moves them from a storage place that has low demand around it for the material to a storage place that has high demand around it for the material. Slow-moving person but carries lots. Usually wouldn’t be good for him to go and collect all of the material from fallen trees so forth so forth. He would be able to upgrade later into a yak carts hartling

i like the H.A.Y idea that sounds really cool!

1 Like

Class name Mechanic promote from level 4 blacksmith with wrench crafted by the blacksmith.
the Mechanic can craft from the factory and make guns and better armour from titanium and aluminum.
the Mechanic can also craft from the machine workshop to build stationery defences and traps.
finally the mechanic makes titanium from steel and iron and aluminum from tin and silver at the smelter.

Class name Gunner promoted from level 4 archer with training pistol crafted by Mechanic.
level one Gunner gets +20% fire rate.
level two Gunner gets +20% damage,can equip rifle the rifle has armor piercing shots.
level three Gunner gets extra range.
level four Gunner ability 30% chance critical hit,can equip shotgun the shotgun can hit multiple targets at a time.
level five Gunner gets +10% damage and +10% fire rate
level six Gunner can use Gatling gun and gets extra range,the gatling gun has massive fire rate increase but is slow to reload and move.
the gunner can change between the rifle shotgun and gatling gun and always has the pistol as his sidearm.

I was thinking that a beekeeper would be an amazing class.
It’s tool would be the beekeeper’s veil made by the weaver. And the player would designate a place for the hives much like a farmer, and would go around to the hive and get honey that could be used in cooking or speed potions ( honey has lots of sugar so sugar rush). Beeswax could be used to make candles.
His abilities could go along the fact that bees are pollinators and increase the yield of nearby farms or farms increasing the hives yield. Another ability would be used as defense, when a monster enters a certain range they will be attacked by the bees loosing health every few seconds.

1 Like

So i don’t think this idea has been given yet but…

Class name: Fisher
Weapon: A fishing rod.
Description: Will fish from rivers/lakes to acquire fish that you can eat. The fisher men could also possibly be able to set some sort of trap with their fishing gear to maybe tangle enemies to slow them down or immobilize them temporarily.

1 Like

I really love the idea of a Fisher class in this game. It could open up a lot for the game. It would be cool to have working boats for fishermen

I think what would be really unique is having some form of Calvary.
But it would need some ridable animal. It doesn’t even have to be a horse, maybe our infamous yak would be sufficient. It should require the herder class to be able to herd these animals as well. It wouldnt be as tanky as our knight class would be. Basically it would sacrifice armor for speed instead. In single player I can see this class being used for quick engagements with the enemy before they even reached your town. And in multiplayer it would be a cool strategic unit to have.

A cool class/s to add would be Elementals (Fire, Water, Earth, Air),
How to become the Elementals
Worker > herbalist > Cleric > Mage, Then select Fire, Water, Earth or Air Elemental.
To get the fire tomb you need > 2 fire quivers , 1 clerics tomb and 2 steel.
To get the water tomb you need > 3 bird baths, 1 clerics tomb and 2 iron.
To get the earth tomb you need > 2 spiky quivers, 1 clerics tomb and 5 stone.
To get the air tomb you need > 1 recurve bow, 1 clerics tomb and 2 silver.

I tried to use items already in the game but i added the mage to close a really big gap between the cleric and the elementals.
All crafted by the herbalist.

I’m so glad that I got the first post in this thread. :laughing:

Three years ago and people still like the idea.

1 Like

What I currently miss most is a dedicated hauler class - someone that gets faster and can carry more as they gain levels, who can wear light armour (and doesn’t get pounded into dust when they try to retrieve loot from the battlefield), and could maybe use a wheelbarrow as their primary tool.

Next would be jeweller - someone that can make ornaments/decorations (to increase kingdom worth) and jewellery (to increase morale), and a few special amulets where each type of amulet gives a small buff (speed, defence, strength, archer range, cleric healing magnitude) so that the player can customise their hearthlings a little by deciding what sort of amulet they want each hearthling to wear.

Next comes brewer - someone that makes drinks from fruit so that workers don’t die of thirst,

Lastly, a bard//innkeeper - someone that adds atmosphere to any inn with their bagpipes and tall tales; who improves morale and/or buffs courage in nearby hearthlings while they’re eating.

2 Likes

could someone make a summary of all the ideas? and open a new thread, for the sake of organization

I honestly like all the ideas except that i think the brewer should instead be an upgraded herbalist that makes effect potions that last for different amounts of time buffing hearthlings for different types of encounters.

I love this idea, I just imagine the jeweler class from World of Warcraft. Just so much you can do with this, maybe find gems from enemies that you could place onto some weapons, like in WoW. Great idea though.

2 Likes