Can't load save file

@MoronCore How were you quitting the game? Did you press the red X in the window? Or click on the quit game button in the esc menu? This seems like a case where the game should be able to warn you that you’re not done saving yet.
Thanks
-Yang

2 Likes

I’m having a problem with loading a save file with the newest update for people playing Stonehearth in Beta Mode. I saved a file and wanted to load it up, but it crashes the game all together. This is from Develop 2594.

Hi @FireballKupa
Can you upload your stonehearth.log so we can take a look?
Thank you,
-Yang

P.S. just in case, directions for getting to stonehearth.log:
Go to Some Technical Stuff – Stonehearth
Scroll down to “Still having problems? Send us some info.”

2 Likes

stonehearth.log (175.9 KB)

I hope this helps. I want to mess around with the new update soon.

Aha! This was the same issue I sent to @Albert earlier. (raise the priority on that bug!)
It appears to be ladder related – might be caused by if you save too soon after building a ladder.

Hopefully will fix soon. Thanks for reporting this!
-Yang

2 Likes

Oops spoke too soon. It is buildings that are probably doing it. Hmmm … some issue restoring buildings that are mid-build.

1 Like

could be, but my bridge that I made was finished. Just the ladders were still there.

1 Like

Ladders are definitely involved. So if the ladders are still around, that would be consistent, sadly :<

2 Likes

Well I’m gonna try again with a save that sets me back to the beginning of my game. Thankfully I didn’t do much expect make a bridge from a lake island. I’ll put a reply if I can find a work around with the ladder problem.

Well the Hearthlings don’t wanna remove any of the ladders that are placed when building. It seems that I can’t build any buildings or ladders until this major bug’s fixed.

1 Like

hmm… this could be due to something with this fix,

(taken from the patch notes)

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Can't load save file:

Glad to see the problem’s found. For anyone who’ll read this, the best way to work around this bug is to use the ib cheat from the console commands. Hope it’ll work.

1 Like

thats not necessarily the problem, just something i tossed out there that could possibly help TR track down this bugs origin :wink:

Ladder bug is fixed. We will hopefully push a patch in the next day or two. Thanks for the help!

5 Likes

Saw this in another topic,but still need help. Had a error when starting Stone Hearth in Steam. Deleted the user_settings.json, which allowed the game to start but now cannot load a saved game. Main screen comes up, choose load game, bar fills about 1/3 of the way, then it pops to the Radiant screen. I’m not very computer savvy so detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. .
We are using version 0.11.0 (release 453) x64 Build. Thanks!

Hello @Kat_13, welcome to the Discourse :smile:

Is the savefile that you are trying to load from a previous version or from release 453 too?

It sounds like either the savefile isn’t compatible, or it got corrupted.

This issue happened after you deleted the user_settings file, or did you delete it as a workaround because the save wasn’t loading?

(The user_settings does not have to do with the savefiles per se, and if you delete it it will be recreated once you restart the game, so there’s no problem).

As this is a previous issue, could you zip and send the affected savefile (it’s a folder with several files, located inside C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games ) to support@radiant-entertainment.com and paste the link to this topic in the email?

Paging @Albert to check when you send it. It might be useful.

Also, do you recall having doing this?

I think this should work, so it’s better if the devs can take a look at your savefile just in case.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, but to answer your question, yes, it is still a problem. In alpha 15, when I started up another game, I closed the game after saving and quiting to menu by clicking the red x and it didn’t let me continue the game after I logged back on. It does work if I go through all the normal steps of closing (save, quit to menu, exit game button), but if I stray from that path it doesn’t work next time I open the game.

Interesting. How long after clicking save did you click the red x? It is possible the game was closed before it was able to fully save the game.

Paging @Albert, he will likely have more questions for you.

When exiting after saving I would always save, wait for it to finish, and then close the menu and click the x. Also, when clicking the x from the main menu, I would save, exit to menu, and click the x.

I am having this problem also but it doesnt have Anything to do with ladders or building. When i save sometimes it gets stuck sometimes not but when i try to load it then it Goes to the radiant logo. Can anyone pls help me with this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Game Goes to radiant logo screen when loading save