[Bug?] Caravans Stop Showing Up R130

Not sure if this is a bug; however I have been playing for 60+ minutes (probably around 70) with no people show up. Is there the opportunity for this to happen and it not be a bug? It started when I moved over to r130. The game was started in r127.

If you mean that your original settlers arenā€™t visibleā€¦ yay for incompatible saves I guess. Itā€™s annoying, but your best bet every time thereā€™s a new build out is to start afresh.

if it is what teleros means than yeh incompatible save fileā€¦

Otherwhise if it is like no scenario messages. Than itā€™s the same thing that happened to me on my stream yersterdayā€¦

absolutelyā€¦ unless otherwise indicated by the developers, this is just a good rule of thumb when testing software releasesā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve noticed caravans donā€™t show up in the peaceful mod in R130.

1 Like

Sure starting over is the ideal path; however during a lets play series that is not always an option. I still want to report as it sounds like we do have a bug if we have 3 people reporting very similar issues.

The one different is I am not in peaceful mode where @jellevmourik is.

@Sweeck sorry I missed your stream had to work late in meetings :(, were you in peaceful mode?

I also did see a flash of the scenario button when loading up my save last night but it went away, I tried to reload to get it back; however that didnā€™t work. I will recheck my footage once it is down uploading and see if it was my mind playing tricks on me.

I have - literally - just tested this (vanilla r130), and found it working fine. Peaceful mode, town value of ~5.9k, and a carpenter* turned up.

*Actually it was just a carpenterā€™s head, but whoā€™s counting?

Edit: More detailsā€¦

2 Likes

No worries Krovikan, Iā€™ll be streaming again tonight. Feel free to hit us up whenever ya can :slight_smile:

Anyway, I did not play on peacefull mode noā€¦ I might do one the next time my save dies, but itā€™s fun fighting of those goblins!

hereā€™s the save Iā€™m talking about:

EP.1

EP.2

Ya, my recent video has the notification alert flash for less then a second onload, not sure if that means their is something stuck on the back end? Again I couldnā€™t reproduce this with a reload.

After 10 days the trader stops coming. I left my game running and for some reason the trader didnā€™t show up any more.
I am running latest steam version.

Yes, The ā€œTravelingā€ trader who asks for x amount of crafted items for x amount of goods fails to complete, here is the error after the screen to show it was listed, before it timed out another merchant arrived, itā€™s the one at 23 hours:

The Error when times up:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Alienware R4
16GB RAM
IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7-4820 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70GHz
Graphics:
GeForce GTX 760 (2)

Addendum: If you do NOT complete the order for the traveling merchant you do get the normal ā€œOh I see you donā€™t have what I asked forā€ completion.

Either download it from Humble Bundle and then donā€™t update it or set Steamā€™s update settings to ā€œOnly update this game when I launch itā€ and then directly launch it from the executable. That way you always have the same version.

A softer approach would be to opt out of the latest branch, which is promoted as ā€œunstableā€ more than enough.

i cant confirm this 2 games every over 11 day and he still approches ā€¦ but for this i dont get goblins or the shops xD

Wow an old post to respond to, long solved.

But thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s less solved than I would want it to beā€¦ Steam seems to have removed the option to opt-out of updates completely. Which would be really handy in this case.

Thereā€™s of course also the Euro Truck Simulator 2 kind of way to deal with it - i.e. create Betas for every last build of a stable branch so mods/save games continue to work. But I donā€™t think thatā€™s justified for Alphas either. Well, not reallyā€¦

Sorry at work so my post was a bit short, fixed for me, I found a process when presenting my videos that allows me to ā€œcontrolā€ when I have updates. Save seem to work across multiple versions more often now (with small bugs) as well which is helpful.

Ya I agree, I wish I had much more control of the steam updater for Stonehearth, but alas we are in the minority. I assume most users donā€™t even know about the beta options available, so Steam is unlikely to add this functionality.