BUG : Adding roof gives null reference when attempting to call 'layout'

Sorry in advance if this has already been logged, I couldn’t see from the topic titles if this was already logged.

Steps:

1. Start to design custom building, beginning with an 8x10 floor
  2. Add walls, a door and a window.
  3. Add roof, play around with roof settings, I ended up on brown wood roof, max height 2, NSEW all selected.
  4. Click undo until you are back to looking at the 8x10 floor.
  5. Add a strip of 1x8 floor to each 10 length side so you end up with a 10x10 floor with the corners missing.
  6. Just add walls.
  7. Click to add roof (I might have miss clicked at this point, selecting what I thought was the walls) the second click actually added the roof but also gave me the engine error.

1/2:
release-447 (x64)
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:134: attempt to call method ‘layout’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘layout’
…nehearth/components/building/building_component.luac:134: in function ‘layout_roof’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:216: in function ‘grow_roof’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:207: in function ‘cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:298: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:207: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.luac:206>

2/2:
Second error:
release-447 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

1 Like

Paging @Ponder for another weird building shape (linked here Build as many shapes as possible ).