64-Bit Stonehearth is crashing

I had a similar issue with mine, but I was able to source it to some old save files from previous versions still in my local files (not sure if there’s any relation to your situation). I’m hoping to continue testing later this week, and see if I have any other cases of this happen–so far, it seems to be working for me.

3 Likes

Same deal you were having.I had to Total wipe from my PC (not through the steam delete). Been running pretty well after that.

2 Likes

Assuming it’s the same problem, I’m seeing this still in today’s release. Load it in Steam, I get an empty Stonehearth window, and the Windows message that Stonehearth has stopped working… and that’s it.

We’re working on 2 fixes right now. Hope to have a new build out soon. Thanks!

5 Likes

This! This is exactly the problem I was having in playing the A9 64-bit version (newest one 2283) the other day so the problem is still around and my machine specs are nearly identical to Ghost’s except I have an older model GeForce (6000 series). Everything else is the same as his/hers.

I can verify that after I wiped everything out including those old saved files (even though I had started a new game, not a saved game) it works fine now in A9. There’s something wrong in there with compatibility from one version to the next with the 64 bit I think and also a warning somewhere NOT to re-use your Humble Bundle install / save files when going to Steam client would be good ( per my very long post) because that’s where I ran into the problem. If I use only steam client for either A8 or A9 it works fine. It was when I was trying to go from the Humble Bundle download (which left some saved files in there) to the Steam version that I ran into serious problems and the crash-on-save hard lock, looping sounds (beeping) and frozen PC.

I’m afraid the latest bug fixes have not removed my start-up crash. I’m concerned that it might be a slightly different crash than others are describing here, because they are talking about black screens and such; I just get the empty Stonehearth window as mentioned above.

Let me try to see if I can figure it out. Could you try adding

–enable_lua_jit=false

to your launch options and seeing if it goes away?

Also, it would be helpful if you could open your Local Files directory for Stonehearth in Steam and pasting the contents of the user_settings.json file here.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yesterday I was going to try this, but something was bugging my Steam client. Then today, there was the new release, and I went to try, but I figured I’d try the new release first just so I wouldn’t have any confounding variables (not really expecting it to work)… and then it did work! Didn’t even have to edit the launch options.

Not sure what the problem was and if it was indeed fixed by the new release or just something on my end (I have been mucking around with antivirus protection and anti-malware programs recently that seemed to be causing some issues)… but either way, it seems alright now. Thanks for the help, at any rate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue to the main topic title, start the game from Steam, it plays 3 bars of music and the window starts to open and it crashes. Whether this has anything to do with the last patch, I know the earlier patch (Tuesday maybe) worked as I got rid of my old incompatible saves. Thought it was to do with Windows 10 free update but I reverted back to 8.1 and still no luck. Tried reinstalling, deleting all files in team library and running from the stonehearth.exe, nothing!
Anyone else got this issue?

Thank you for that advice. Just had a major issue with starting the game. Got a feeling something hitch-hiked onto my system with a flash driver download. Cleared out 3 issues with adwcleaner and Stonehearth now works.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Stonehearth is crashing