Writer's Workshop 3: The Wrath of Mer!

Thanks! It was fun to write. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh man… I was cracking up at my desk re: the berries… :smile:

perhaps its my ego getting the better of me, but I took a real shine to that “Steve” character… he seems like good stock… :wink:

2 Likes

I would never pander to my audience.

shifty eye

3 Likes

Yeah, there were only so many options, goblins were taken, and the way my settlers always seem to clear-cut the moment they arrive, well, at some point there’s gonna be some consequences for that, right ? :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t normally write stuff like this but the concept just came too naturally not to flesh it out a bit.

1 Like

I’m afraid this has many interpretations. Conflict as in “fighting” or maybe “a challenge between two characters” or simply a “difficulty” Can I write about any of these, or were you talking about specifically fighting?

1 Like

precisely! :smile:

imterpret this as openly as you like… should make for some (additional) interesting entries!

3 Likes

Will I get into too much trouble if it is 8 words over?

1 Like

absolutely not… 350 is the target … overage (within reason) is perfectly acceptable… :smile:

2 Likes

Hello Steve,

What time on Sunday, Feb 1st must we post are Saga? I might run it close do to sports.

Thank you for your time.

how about we establish the cutoff time for submissions and casting votes for 12 PM CST (on each of the corresponding days)…

if there is a better (more timezone friendly) hour, please let me know! :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds good to me thanks!

@SteveAdamo, do the submissions have to be full-fledged stories or accounts? I don’t have too much time this week, but I had some ideas for a call-to-arms song at the very least. That’s still technically lore, right?

I’ll leave the determining up to you guys!

I think that prose only would be best, and at ~350 words it shouldn’t be too hard to write a short something or other. Maybe non-prose entries could be done another time though…?

Keep in mind I’d also be shaping a bit of background to the song lyrics as well, like an account. So I suppose you could consider the song as part of the tale, rather than just a set of lyrics or stanzas by themselves. I’ll put it together later tonight, and if it doesn’t seem to fit, I can always remove the entry and save it for another time.

1 Like

sounds good! I think it’s safe to assume I’ll entertain a wide array for submissions… :smile:

Alright, my entry’s posted. Granted, it’s not on a ‘specific’ situation of combat, so we’ll need some judging on it’s acceptability.

1 Like

Posted my entry as well. I took a more literal approach of conflict.

2 Likes

I think we’re into something here folks… the new “formula” seems to be working! I am extremely happy wih the turnout so far! :+1:

2 Likes

Gah, I’ll type mine up when I finish recording a whole bunch of vocals.

1 Like

While I appreciate the compliment, it was less than an hours work in audacity with some meh notes, and the quality pretty fairly shows that. Do post your version when it’s complete though, I’d love to hear it!

1 Like