Taking Questions about Mixintos and Overrides

Stairs are superior technology? :open_mouth: Sheesh, I don’t want to know what you would call a steam engine!

1 Like

hey, stairs are superior technology. You wanna build pyramids with an elevator? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Levitation pads? Summonable UFOs? Walking bricks? There’s so many possibilities.

1 Like

Walking bricks still took the stairs to lay themselves down on their brothers.

1 Like

perhaps its a by-product of the “stretched” units he’s produced? they have a wider gait than normal? :smile:

either way, those stairs look great! :+1:

2 Likes

Nope.

4 Likes

HAHA, Ok i admit. Fierljeppen is superior technology to stairs.

Going to post in here rather than a bug entry. Overrides will no longer override anything in the professions tab, can anyone else confirm and suggest a work around? Here is what im trying to run:

“stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”:
         “Starhearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”

Im just swapping out a skin

From my understanding the right override should look like attached… but I can confirm that it does not work. However, if I try the overrides which have been shared by Tom in his “flagstone”-example, the overrides there do work. Might be a good starting point to start digging into this issue.

“overrides”: {
    “stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/cartpenter_outfit.qb”: “trapper_outfit.qb”,
    “stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/cartpenter_outfit_female.qb”: “trapper_outfit_female.qb”
  },

“overrides” {
“stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”: “nihonjin/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”,
},

That’s a snippit from nihonjin’s manifest.Both lines are on the same line int the manifest however.

… and it works with the actual Alpha @Avairian? The code I’ve posted is similar and did not work for me. Might need to give it another try.

Just double tested. Yes it works with Pre Alpha 4 r110.

In the code posted above you don’t have the file path for the file within the smod, that could be the problem.

"stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/cartpenter_outfit.qb": "trapper_outfit.qb",

Versus

"stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb": "nihonjin/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb",
1 Like

so I pluged in:

“stonehearth/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”: “nihonjin/professions/carpenter/carpenter_outfit/carpenter_outfit.qb”,

and replaced nihonjin with Starhearth, doesn’t work!>!. Tried the workers, that doesn’t work. I tried the workbench, that doesn’t work!.

I tired to override the recipe for the carpenter, that doesn’t work, but I can mixinto new recipies.

So I downloaded Avarians mod, that works, the models are broken but they all get overridden. Calling @sdee why are some mods that using the exact same code over writing but other aren’t?

Here it is, someone try it on their system please.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByAiIG6plK1hSElpOXUydDdZMTg/edit?usp=sharing

I took a look.
It is not the models who are broken. Neither the overrides of the models. If you get rid of everything besides the models it works fine.
There is somewhere something wrong earlier. Double check your code or the recipes.

I would advise to just implement things one by one and then start the game each time. When the model replacements stop you know where the problem is. :blush:

Your not using commas after each override in the manifest. Take a closer look at my example. That is most likely the cause of the problem.

Basically the same way you did your aliases.

Your not using commas after each override in the manifest. 

Take a closer look at my example. That is most likely the cause of the
problem.

Basically the same way you did your aliases.

They are there, just on the next line, and if that were true why does the override with the same format for the banner model work but not the worker models? Just to be sure I tried your suggestion and sure enough, nothing.

I would advise to just implement things one by one and then start the
game each time. When the model replacements stop you know where the
problem is.

That what I did, started mixinto the carpenter recipe, no problem.
Now i overirde the banner with my leader holigram, no problem.
Not I override the 2 bed models with the carpenter, no problem.
Now I override the carpenter models, doesnt work.
Ok maybe the worker models, nothing.
how about the soldier models, nothing.
ok how about the carpenters workbench, nothing.
maybe the saw with a chainsaw model, nothing.
Try the mixitnto of the carpenter recipe as an override with correct syntax, nothing.

All the mixins work, all the overides work, except for any overide pointed at anything in the professions file, .qb or .json, none of it will write over.
I appreciate you guys trying to help, thank you.

Ok so found the problem, everything below this line wont work:

“stonehearth/entities/furniture/comfy_bed/comfy_bed_proxy.qb” :
         “Starhearth/entities/furniture/comfy_bed/comfy_bed_proxy.qb”,

if you cut the lines below and put the above, deleting the comma at the end it all works. Anything moved below this line doesnt work. Interestingly this line does work, it overrites and no error when the compfy bed is built. This is indeed a mystery but it would be nice to know what is here that breaks everything below it.

EDIT!!! found the error, there was a missname and comfy_bed_proxy.qb was actually named comfy_bed_proxy.obj.qb. This is a lesson for us all, if a line is broken it will break everything below it but not above, which is actually a good thing as it can be used to trouble shoot.

1 Like

Ahhh I see them now. Your formatting is odd and was confusing me. lol

You should search one of @RepeatPan tools in the forum, I don’t remember the name and I don’t know if it will still work, but it checks the paths of your json files and directory structure to see if the references are correct.

It saved me a lot of time when I was beginning to build my mod.

Jofferson. I used it when I tested his mod, didn’t say anything from what I remember about the paths.