(Suggestion) Direct trade instead of gold

me? i love every aspect of it… from the collecting, to the hoarding… :wink:

i’m merely pointing out that there are as many different playstyles as there are … grains of, stars in the… well, there’s quite a few… :tongue:

Well i feel that every player will have something of value, be it loads of potatoes or tonnes of stone.
If u want to buy something u have to sacrifice something, that’s how trading works. The things used for trading should be the same goods that are used for crafting and the same tools/weapons u equip to your villagers. So in order to even play the game properly, u’ll have to obtain trading goods, because they are the same as crafting goods.

1 Like

Personally, I really want to see an evolutionary economy. It would make no sense to have gold coins when all you have are a couple of carpenters and no smiths. At that point a barter system (with exposed exchange rates) would be excellent. However, once your city expands enough, and you meet enough external traders, gold becomes a far more convenient means of trading.

In this scenario, I think having the currency be treated as a commodity would allow all the prices and exchange rates to fluctuate with each other. I’m thinking a sort of giant 2D matrix with each exchange rates for each combination of materials. My personal preference, I think.

1 Like

For me it is clear, that the money has to have a value for it self. It cannot be paper money or digital or some thing. The best suggestion was from @wminsing. The money would be best if it is a trade good with high value, like gold. May be there have to be adjustments to make it pressures or may be it just tuns out to be a evolutionary process.
Why not having a self balancing economy? This way every game could have its one currency. In one game it is Gold in another it is a rare wood or a shell or even a very hard to harvest crop (cacao beans?).
I think that having a currently is so urgent at some point that it just naturally develops. With the consistency that it is a highly valuable, rare and for a bigger group useful or pressures.

This is similar to one of my suggestions. Anyway, I think something along the lines of the millenaire mod for Minecraft needs to be implemented, whereby you can either trade in your resources for respect in the town or you can trade them for other resources and currency.

1 Like

I really like the idea mentioned earlier that gold is an actual block because then when raiders attack you and take off with your gold you literally see them drive off with your gold then for people that dont actually like farming to gain crops to sell they can explore ruins and find chests boxes or gold blocks and use that as currency for the more trigger happy players (like me :smile:)