Stonehearth: Plagues and Biological Warfare!

@Geoffers747
I’m not @EpicDwarf
:wink:

Ha, I’m really sorry about that!

I saw the profile picture and just assumed it was @EpicDwarf

Sorry!

and now we all know the sad truth… @Geoffers747 is racially biased against the Dwarven race…

for shame @Geoffers747… for shame

5 Likes

This seems like a really good idea. I like the idea of there being sickness. I would have thought it would have been too much for the player, as in, one person would get the plague and there goes your whole city, but the way you said it, it seems like a completely reasonable aspect to the game. I would also very much enjoy throwing the dead bodies of people and animals into enemy territories. :smile:

I find the idea interesting, but judging from the responses, I think that if this were to be in the core game, better ways of controlling difficulty rather than just “easy mode.” Basically, I feel like there should be an “advanced setting,” where you can specifically choose to enable/disable certain elements like “disease,” “natural disaster,” “enemy overrun” etc., to chose exactly which big, game-changing events could possible show up.

Right… So having a more customized AI story teller option … Similar in nature to the (planned) dozens of storytellers in Rimworld… :+1:

Right, I mentioned that in the immunity part:[quote=“Swift_Cube, post:1, topic:4001”]
the Physician then cures them, and after being cured they have better immunity.
[/quote]
So yeah, that’s what’ll happen with immunity. (I tend to name my plagues the Poo Death or Stupidity)

@CaptainMC, I’d imagine that my Plague and other Natural Disasters would be minor annoyances, but if you don’t pay attention to 'em, you’ll be neck deep in doo-doo before you know it. Kind of like Sim City: If you don’t pay attention, to say, Sewage, over time, your city will just totally bork the crap out.

I like that. If that’s how it goes down I am all for sickness. Another thing would be how clean you keep your city. Because Plagues don’t just happen, usually takes human error.

1 Like

Now all we need for this is a Poisonmancer! eh eh? anyone like? :laughing:

look, you can’t just throw “mancer” onto any word and make it a class… lol. Otherwise I’d have a bunnymancer. <— this should be considered btw. :wink:

1 Like

How about Plague Summoner or Black Death dose Dealer?

Really? I think a Blackdeathdosedealermancer would be a good class.

2 Likes

Ok even I can agree that is bad no offense @Dwalus lol :smile:
How about a Drug Dealer? the stuff they sell will kill you anyways, or Alchemist class!

2 Likes

I feel like diseases have been an idea from the beginning since Physician have been a thing since the Kickstarter. The thought of a disease destroying everything I have done would extremely frustrate me. I say simple diseases and keep it at that.

I like the thought of having Romancer as a class

I think Alchemist is a great name for a class, but not really for one to intentionally spread a plague, considering their historical purpose.

The drug dealer would have items that have a positive buff for a time, but then crash if they don’t get more, resulting in withdraw and suicidal thoughts, so he would go to the psychiatrist, which would make him feel better, but then the cost would be too high, so he would kill himself anyway. JK, he would just have a negative debuff, but the more you have, the worse withdrawal is, eventually, with enough, death could happen because of it! But it was fun when it lasted. Yes, the positive buffs would stack. Steroids would be an interesting one to have.

Well, I’ll make sure to add Drug Dealer class to the list of bad ideas!

I don’t think we need a class for this sort of thing!

Just a general Herbalist/ Physician class should be sufficient!

2 Likes

General? Boring! The drugs would make you hit harder, run faster, have more health, get resources faster, need less sleep, stay full longer, or gain happiness. (If there won’t be happiness, there should be.)

No, drugs don’t really do that.

I know that @Dwalus. They teach drug ed at school. (If that’s the right thing to call it.)