Other Types of Stone

Oxidized iron is rust :smile: Iron is the only metal to rust, and rust can be different shades. but its usually a reddish brown.

I think that’s the plan[quote=“FerretBandit, post:6, topic:9645, full:true”]
They might use coal for the forge, I guess.
[/quote]

well that makes sense, i kinda knew that but didn’t have all my facts straight :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you’re drawing the wrong comparison there. Whereas with T&S you have to take extra steps to process raw materials into different building materials, what we’re talking about is the option to substitute one type of raw material for another, to produce a functionally identical item with a different appearance. The process retains its one step simplicity, it’s just providing more aesthetic options, and also creating a way to self-impose objectives for the town.

I would liken it more to Terraria - the ingredients you use dictate the appearance of the item, but they otherwise have no effect. (That’s not to say we couldn’t have, for example, a hard to get stone type that produces really strong walls, just that the majority should behave, for all intents and purposes, identically).

3 Likes

Well, now we appear to have three main types of stone slabs: blue slate, gray stone, and red brick. At the moment, though, they’re all made out of the same regular stone. I want to know if the plan is to keep it like this, or to eventually have different types of stone for these. Could someone page Team Radiant for me on this?

On a side note, I love the new wooden plaster slabs. It is slightly annoying to replace your slabs with a floor if you want the regular wood colors, but it’s not a big deal. We still need dark wood, though!

4 Likes

Update: I asked [multiple times] during the stream if there would be dark wood, and we’ve finally gotten an answer!

“Yeah, there’ll be all kinds of colors of wood.” - Tom 2015

EDIT: And now with Alpha 10, there are! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes