New building bug - invalid normal in normal_to_rotation

Summary:
Found me another building bug (made my day to help you guys out ) this bug evolves around free standing walls and stone garden lantern. Did not check any other lamp or lantern type.
Steps to reproduce:

1. make a free standing wall atleast 3 wide
  2. tplace a stone garden lamp on the middle row, placing them on the corner gives no issues
  3. voila the errors shows

Expected Results:
able to place them
Actual Results:
error pop-up and blocks any further building on it
Notes:
develop-3116 (x64)[M]stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:47: invalid normal (0.00, 1.00, 0.00) in normal_to_rotation()stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:47: in function ‘normal_to_rotation’
stonehearth/components/wall/wall_component.lua:259: in function ‘add_fixture’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1321: in function ‘add_fixture’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1261: in function ‘cb’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1569: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1260: in function ‘add_fixture_command’
…tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:175: in function <…tonehearth/call_handlers/place_item_call_handler.lua:165>
develop-3116 (x64)[M]c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:
develop-3116 (x64)[M]…ehearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.lua:46: assertion failed!stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘assert’
…ehearth/services/server/build/build_undo_manager.lua:46: in function ‘begin_transaction’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1566: in function ‘do_command’
stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1076: in function <stonehearth/services/server/build/build_service.lua:1075>
Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
map started on a18 3109 and updated to 3116. only debugtools installed
System Information:

1 Like

well i guess it is not just the lamp thats issueing. It seems that no matter what you place on free standing walls wether still in schematics aswell already build it gives this error. It is constantly the same so pretty easy to repeat.

Only happens when you place it on top. placing against it gives no issues. So far it happens with most of the lamps. the windows and doors as well

Confirming this bug…