Late/end-game gameplay?

so next question: what happens if you lose and all your workers die to a berserker class theres a end game?
also what happens if you win? no more enemy just a destroyed town

itā€™s not like that, from what I remember they want it to toy with you, usually leaving you someway to rebuildā€¦ and there is no definitive winā€¦ more like a sim city hereā€™s your city, wait and watch it burn.

Thatā€™s the most satisfying victory, to build something, have it all torn apart, and then rebuilding it from nothing.

1 Like

In DF I went down from 230, to 2 farmers afterā€¦ well, project X had a leakā€¦ we soon learned fire imps lived in project X, many, MANY fire impsā€¦ bad things happened. Then I came back and am now sitting happy at 400 popā€¦ just waiting for that miner to hit the death pits. It was one of the single most satisfying things to happen to me in that gameā€¦ though watching it all go to hell was pretty fun to.

1 Like

Thatā€™s precisely what I donā€™t like about this idea. I want to be able to lose miserably early on due to unfair aggression from an overly strong enemy, because thatā€™s just what happens sometimes and it keeps you on edge more and generally is more fun, to me at least. Itā€™s the same reason I play games on hardcore mode whenever I have the option, pretty much (Minecraft, Torchlight II, etc.)

I loved your DF story, by the way. Was that in the new release, or an old one? It sounds like too good a story to have already happened in the new release, right?