Horizontal waterfall/water not filling glitch

Summary: A glitch that prevents water from flooding a set area and creates a weird sideways waterfall particle effect

Steps to reproduce:

1. hollow out an area below water level, keeping at least one tile of dirt between the hole and water
  2. after the hollowing is finished, break the dirt tiles blocking the water
  3. sometimes, the bug will happen.

Expected Results: this shoud normally allow one to create a moat below a defensive wall, for esthetic purposes

Actual Results: the hollowed area only gets 1 layer of water flooding out of the 6 that should normally happen. an infinite looping particle starts from the point at wich the tile blocked was broken to a certain distance, always horizontally.

Notes: reloading the game and/or save does not fix this issue.

Attachments:
Bug log:
release-707 (x64)
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:245: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:256: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:250>
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:794: in function '_remove_height’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:261: in function '_remove_water’
stonehearth/components/water/water_component.lua:473: in function ‘fill_channel_from_water_region’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:561: in function ‘callback_fn’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:194: in function ‘each_channel_ascending’
…hearth/services/server/hydrology/channel_manager.lua:559: in function ‘fill_channels_to_capacity’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:768: in function ‘_on_tick’
…arth/services/server/hydrology/hydrology_service.lua:52: in function ‘fn’

radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:84: in function ‘set_now’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:417: in function ‘_on_event_loop’
…hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:265: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function '_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function '_update’
radiant/server.lua:61: in function <radiant/server.lua:58>

Version Number and Mods in use: version0.21.0 (release 707)x64 build, no mods in use

System Information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Operating System: Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

ps: Should you need any more informations, or screenshots, give me a shout

Is anyone from the team paying attention to this post?

On a Sunday, I doubt it?
But if you have a savefile that shows the bug after loading it, it can be helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

Albert has been working on fixing all these water bugs, although I don’t know yet when will that be ready for releasing it :thinking:

1 Like

it’s been 5 days so that’s why i was asking for someone to reply :smiley:
also tell me how to get you the savefile and i’ll gladly hand it over so that you can fix it.

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

@Colin There are quite a few threads about the water problems in the current game. As said above, the developers are working on it right now, possibly for release in 24 or 25, so not even in the next one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzpGia3LiKoHR2dRcmIxWnRUNnM