Hearthlings Sleeping in Water (not overlly important)

Please read this before everything else!
This post is not overlly important as it is nothing ‘game breaking’. This post is really only to let people know of just some small bugs, please don’t think that I am pedantic. :smiley:

Title:
Hearthlings Sleeping in Water.

Summary:
Basically, Hearthlings sleep in water if it is night time.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have the time as night.
  2. Allow some sort of way for the Hearthling(s) to get in the water, i.e. build a dock next to a house without a ledge, you can see what I mean in the ‘Attachments’ section.
  3. Voila, ZzzZzzZzz.

Attachments:
Screenshot 1

Versions and Mods:
I am running Alpha 12 - Steam, and no mods.

No worries at all! :smile: The game is in Alpha, and the devs want to get reports like this, even when you feel it is “minor.” As you pointed out, it is not game breaking, so it might not be high priority, but it is behavior that like should not happen, and thus is a bug report.

Anyway, do you have any beds in this save? If not, (and if my memory serves me correctly), your Hearthlings will just keep working until they run out of energy and then lay down and sleep. As of right now, water doesn’t affect too much. Hearthlings will spawn there, you can farm underwater, and they don’t seem to need oxygen…but eventually this will all be fixed. Not sure which dev deals with “sleep,” so…@yshan, @Albert, I choose you!

1 Like

I had a bed in the house in the screenshot, there is also a ladder in view, although the sleeping little Hearthling doesn’t really want to climb it :grin:.

Thanks again for your fast response @jomaxro!

You can still do this even build and put beds underwater.
I’m glad they can’t die from drowning.2710