Errors when starting in a world

Summary:

These errors appeared when i tried exiting the game (during the roster editing), then again once i entered a world for the first time

Stonehearth.log:

Error1
release-707 (x64)
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:142: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘render_time_at_last_update’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:142: in function ‘_update_time’
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:28: in function <…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:25>

Error2
release-707 (x64)
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:161: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘render_time_at_last_update’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:161: in function ‘_interpolate_time’
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:36: in function <…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:35>

Error3
release-707 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Attachments:

no crash.dmp

Versions and Mods:
Not sure what version. i just got it today 6/22/17 - i got it on steam, whatever version is current there i pressume.

System Information:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Video Card

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/crashing-on-start-read-this-updated-october-28/13297:

I checked, the link, but i dont think its correct to mention the game crashes, so i don’t think it applies here

Notes:

[Any additional useful information]

1 Like

Ah, im on release 707 (x64)
and i have no mods

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, @noteatlas89 :slightly_smiling_face:[quote=“noteatlas89, post:1, topic:30844”]
when i tried exiting the game (during the roster editing),
[/quote]

You mean exiting the game, or going to the Main menu?[quote=“noteatlas89, post:1, topic:30844”]
then again once i entered a world for the first time
[/quote]

A new game, I assume.

@ayazar does this ring any bell? I remember seeing something similar/related to the sky_renderer_service at some point. Is it a known issue?

Try updating to the latest version and see if it still does it. I’ve been noticing other people getting one off crazy errors when using older versions lately.

its not a huge issue. i just logged in and got 11 more of those. but it
doesnt stop me so far. i just reported because i thought you guys would
like to know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the report! It helps us keep track of what needs fixing for sure.

The bug appear in the main interface, is my classmate feedback to me.

release-703 (x64)[M]
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:161: attempt to perform arithmetic on field ‘render_time_at_last_update’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:161: in function ‘_interpolate_time’
…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:36: in function <…ervices/client/sky_renderer/sky_renderer_service.lua:35>

(2)
release-703 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

@Stapx_Steve, I’d recommend updating to a newer version. The current stable is release 707.

That said, this error is similar to the one in this thread, so I merged them.

Which mods is your classmate using?
When did the error appear (at some screen on the embarkation, right when starting the game, after loading a savefile, …) ?

1 Like